PDA

View Full Version : how does this flyer look.

emt144
01-28-2005, 01:29 AM
just starting out, just as everyone else is on this forum. I just bought a BRAND NEW Gravely zt 1540 for residential lawn care. I just made some flyers.
Can you all tell me if this looks ok>?

i_plant_art
01-28-2005, 01:46 AM
looks aight to me i guess. it gets the point across. do you have any pictures you can put on there of your work? there is alot of blank space at the bottom that needs to be filled up maybe coupons or somethign. also i dont know how "legal" it is/would be to use the pictures you have on the side, since they are mfg. pictures. other than that is does look OK..............

marko
01-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey emt,

I would lose the photo's on the side and use bullets to list your services to help take up some of the dead space. Good fillers are:
Aeration.
Dethatching.
Bed and bush service.
Weekly - Bi-weekly service available.
etc.

tonygreek
01-28-2005, 11:48 AM
absolutely lose those pics. are you having these printed in color, at home, or....?
if doing them at home on the color ink jet, they would drain you quickly, not to mention that you likely don't have permission to use them.

as marko says, fill up that dead space with services because right now it's more like a huge business card. a flyer needs to tell more than your card.

if you need some ideas, hit gopher's site for some examples.

ooops... one more thing. do you have the right to use the "cutting edge" name?

Team Gopher
01-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi emt144,

You also could consider some type of coupon to get the customers to call you back faster.

Thanks tonygreek for thinking of us.

You are welcome to visit our free flyer template list (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=942) and use them if they inspire your.

andersonmowing23
01-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Not a bad start, but I agree with the others, you should probably try to fill the space a little more. Try using gophers stuff, he has some really got templetes.

TotalCareSolutions
01-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Im going to be completely honest with you and tell you to start over. Do a search here and look at some threads discussing flyers and advertising. There will be plenty of links to Designers and the like. If that is not in your budget, thats OK, but you will get some better ideas of how to arrange your flyer, how to list your services etc. If it is in your budget, get help with this. Also skim the internet for lawn advertising etc and get some ideas...

Wish you well

Markf
01-29-2005, 09:38 PM
I agree with all the prior posts. However, I would add, the bottom left corner with your name/number/email should be much larger. It looks like an 8 or 10 font. You be suprised by the number of people who know you or know of you and they will say "I didn't know you were in the business". Your name should be as large as the phone number in the middle of the flyer. Good Luck.
Mark

brinlee lawn
01-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey there emt144 how you doing??? Always nice to see some one from the area on here. Good luck with your new business. pm me if you have any questions.