PDA

View Full Version : Haulmark 22' enclosed, opinions

Smitty58
01-28-2005, 12:23 PM
We are looking at changing to a enclosed trailer this year. We looked at the Haulmark and like them. My question is about size and durability. We are looking at a 8 1/2 x 22 with ramp door and got a price quote of $4975. Any opinions on these? and is 22' too big for mostly residential mowing?

Randy Scott
01-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Depends on your area. We have a 20 foot Haulmark enclosed and could always use bigger. We fit a 72" Z, 60" Z, and 48" walkbehind in it. Also two 21" pushers. For our area, driving isn't really a problem. Neighborhoods are all plenty big. A couple properties are backing in off busy roads, but such is life.

Quality? Overall design, floor brace spacing and wall bracing along with plywood thickness is equivalent to most other manufacturers. It's the small fit and finish items. Aluminum along door edgings, wires strung along top of walls, etc.. that is a little in the need of help department. Catching and ripping this stuff off is common place. Basically better materials and fastening would take care of these problems. That would be the major difference say between Pace or Wells Cargo trailers and Haulmark. They spend a little more time getting the details looking good.

So, to sum it up. Overall carrying and hauling capacity, no problems. fit and finish, small detail items, not good as far as I'm concerned. Although that's where the $1500 to $2000 difference comes in. Next time, I'd go with the better trailer for these reasons. With employees, things need to be foolproof. They aren't always cautious loading and unloading because they didn't shell out the coin for it. So to eliminate those problems, they need to be better built.

Smitty58
01-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks Randy, the dealer has a lot of nice options that we can add to store things on the walls. They can also include E-track to help tie things down. As far as employees it id just me and my son so hopefully that won't be a problem.
thanks for the info.

Anyone have any experience on the financing special Haulmark has right now?

mrusk
01-28-2005, 08:18 PM
I have a 18x8 haulmark grizzly on order. I ordered it almost with every option avaliabe. I have 5k axles, extra high, extendend tounge, floor bracing on 16in, and alot more stuff.

I did the financing. I found a good dealer and he was willing to work with me. Last mouth i did not know if haulmark was going to continue the good deal, however my dealer was able to get me the deal even though i did not take delivery of the trailer yet. As long as i pay the trailer off in full before dec 28, 2005 i pay no interest.

Matt