PDA

View Full Version : striping

parkay
01-30-2001, 10:25 AM
I was just wondering what you think about the striping attachments that you can buy for the differnt kinds of mowers. Are there certain kinds to stay away from? Are there certain kinds that I should looki at getting? You input is greatly appreciated!

dhenegar
01-30-2001, 03:04 PM
I have a Lazer with a 52" deck and got a striping roller from York Sheet Metal. Haven't got to try it yet since I got it for Christmas. Be sure to tell Dave if you get one from him the distance between your scalp wheel brackets(this goes for everyone) because mine were different for some reason and he is making me some brackets to make them fit. It looks like its going to work great. From what i've heard from others they do.

Green Finger
01-30-2001, 03:21 PM
Check on Eric's website if you want to see one up close.

looks interesting.

AltaLawnCare
01-30-2001, 03:52 PM
I fabricated my own designed after Eric's. I used Angle and Chains.
I don't know how it will do yet, no grass to mow and too darn cold ! :(

Guido
01-30-2001, 04:50 PM
I was thinking along the same lines as AltaLawnCare. We have the dragging chain set up on all of our batwing wide area mowers and they leave awesome stripes. I'm thinking of fabricating a piece of angle to bolt onto the backs of the decks on our Toro Groundsmasters and weld short pieces of chain to them. It's easy enough, some fun welding work I guess if nothing else. (we don't get to use our welder enough) Should be pretty easy, right?

John DiMartino
01-30-2001, 05:07 PM
I fabricated onr for 50 bucks,looks just like Eric's,Its on my 2000 Dixie chopper60".It stripes awesome,but it always did stripe good,even without it.