PDA

View Full Version : ALLECTUS by BAYER

way to grow
01-28-2005, 07:30 PM
This is supposed to be an insecticide to treat sub-surface and surface insects. Does anybody know anything about this product and how much it costs? Thanks for all your help.

ArizPestWeed
01-28-2005, 09:04 PM
http://www.landscapemanagement.net/landscape/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=132923 here's one .

heritage
01-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Hello Way To Grow,
Another product that is coming out this season to watch for is ARENA from ARVESTA corp. It is a neonicotonoid like merit that has a broad label like the above mentioned ALLECTUS. The rutgers and penn state folks doing trials tell me that the product works well and is going to be sold at a lower cost compared to merit and mach II. Looking forward to these products this season! Have not asked about pricing on allectus yet. Will look into it.

Pete D.

TSM
01-29-2005, 09:30 AM
ALLECTUS is imidacloprid and bifenthrin combination (merit and talstar)

at this point i do not believe it is available in a fert combo but am sure it will be

i can only assume it will be pricey? but in situations that warrant both surface and subsurface control it could be cost effective.

Green Dreams
01-30-2005, 01:32 PM
I wonder if the same rate will control Chinchies and grubbies all in one pass.

Ric
01-30-2005, 02:51 PM
I wonder if the same rate will control Chinchies and grubbies all in one pass.

Green Dreams

Check your imidacloprid label, it requires a higher rate to control Chinch bugs than grubs. However it has a longer residual control of chinch bugs than bifenthrin.

I think this combo has its place in lawn and shrub care. In fact I have been mixing a cocktail of WSP Merit and Talstar for shrubs for quite a while now. The big factor on the success of this product is COST.

New Chemistry is leading our industry back to Granules. Power spreader are helping us increase production over Hose dragging. I have tried to tell the new guys to go with granules and forget the Big Spray tank. The larger the Property to be treated the more Labor Cost effective Granules become. I think the set up of the future will be an enclosed trailer with a Spread & Spray machine and Product dry storage. This can be pulled by a nice Grocery Getter That will cut total overhead for the one man band.

lawn king
01-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Ric said it very well!!! As a vet. of lawn care (27 seasons) i fully agree that dry chemical is superior! Spray rigs have there place and i do use them but the heart of our program is granular! I am very excited about allectus, we have been using 0 0 7 merit and fert talstar so this product could save us lots of time. How much more could it cost than we are already paying for merit? We are counting down the days to the lawn season, tons of snow her'e and i'm tired of keeping the snow equipment up and running.

lawn king
02-03-2005, 10:07 AM
I couldn't find the bayer rep. at the N.E.grows show yesterday. Doe's anyone have any new information on this product?

E-9 Lawncare
02-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Bayer was at the LCAP seminar and they said they're trying to get Allectus out by Spring. No mention of anything about price, rate, etc...The article above is more informative than the literature given out...

ant
06-16-2006, 07:41 AM
have u guys use this yet?

GrazerZ
06-16-2006, 07:50 AM
I have been looking at this product as well. I have noticed that the Merit in it is recommended to go down at half the rate(.1 per 1000) of regular merit 5g.(.2 per 1000) but the talstar eqivelent is higher than straight talstar. It seems this makes this an ok prevenative where potential damage is not 100 % sure. I would like to use it but am very concerned whith this. I guess my next question would be, what rate do youy guys normally use merit at to control Jap beetle grubs?

upidstay
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
The labeled rate will control both. As far as costs go, it works out to about the same price as a bag of fert/merit and a bag of Talstar. The savings are in the Labor costs of only doing one app. for two problems. Arena is supposed to be as good as Allectus, but it is not available as a fert. combo, but Allectus is. Check your state regs for registration. It just got registered in CT this year.

mdb landscaping
06-26-2006, 07:13 PM
I will be putting this down in another week. Im doing 25 acres that was severely grub and chinch bug damaged last year. i bought it at $86 a bag. not a cheap product but it sounds like it is a great product. they are working on coming out with this product next year with a fert worked into it.

Victor
06-26-2006, 11:44 PM
I started my bug apps (using Allectus 18-2-5) on the 15th. I'm paying $47 per 50lb bag for it. Right off the bat. I noticed the sticky nature of it. I can tell you, that I like the way Merit spreads much better. When applied at their proper rates. Merit flows out really well. As soon I flip the lever on my SR2000, Merit will start flying. With the Allectus 18-2-5 though, I have to allow for about 3 feet of travel before any product comes out. Sometimes, the Allectus will come out as soon as I flip the lever, but not often. I've also noticed a lot more bridging in the hopper with this product. I always try to keep one eye on the hopper when I'm spreading it.
As far as control goes. I'll have to wait and see what kind of control I get out of this product. I'm expecting it to get great control results from it (that's obviously why I'm using it).
I really wish it came in a lower SGN (like Merit), but I guess you can't always get what you want.

Vic