PDA

View Full Version : What software do you use???

TotalLawnConcepts
01-29-2005, 03:05 AM
I have a question for everyone. I am trying to get alot of insight on this. My is What Software does everyone use for scheduling and billing? I have seen alot out there like clip ($379) Real Green($2500 basic) gopher ($199) etc.... I have seen price from one end of the spectrum to the other. Last year a ran a manual( the old pencil and paper) schedule which worked just fine, just a lot of work. We are expanding quickly and I know that this year the old manual way will be a nightmare. So if you have so great programs that you use, please let me know. I have been searching every where to try to find something.

THanks

kdbetters
01-29-2005, 01:01 PM
I use Quickbooks Pro and like it very much. There is a program that intergrates with QB called QXpress(which I have not used yet), but it does your scheduling and routing as well. You can get QB for aound $299 or lease it online for $20/month and get QXpress for around $425 or you can lease it for $27/month.

PMLAWN
01-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Contact management---ACT
Books------------------Quick Books Pro
Schedule--(just started)

procut
01-29-2005, 01:58 PM
This year, I am going to start using Groundskeeper Pro. They send you a free trial CD. I've just started using it a little bit this month to bill a couple of snow removal jobs. Its pretty effective and easy to use once you get the hang of it, and the bills it prints a very professional looking. I have'nt used the scheduling feature much though.

kppurn
01-29-2005, 02:31 PM
I use Quickbooks Pro and QXpress from Alocet for scheduling and invoicing. It works well for me.

PMLAWN
01-29-2005, 03:56 PM
QXpress is new to me. Can I find it on the web?

wojo23323
01-29-2005, 04:17 PM
QXpress is new to me. Can I find it on the web?

www.qxpress.com

DiscoveryLawn
01-29-2005, 06:19 PM
I have Lawn Monkey.
Has its pros and cons. I will admit, now that I have one year of it behind me, I like it better now than I did when I first got it. Its just not as efficient as I think it could be for $1400.00.

David

derek1
01-30-2005, 02:05 AM
I am using quickbooks for billing and Microsoft Outlook for scheduling and backing my outlook schedule up to a hotmail calendar which can be accessed on line all the time.

Soupy
01-30-2005, 02:46 AM
Click link below......................

kdbetters
01-30-2005, 03:12 AM
I finally found what I was looking for while searching on the web today. A simple inexspensive program that can handle my scheduling and routing, while I use quickbooks pro for accounting and billing. I think this will be the answer for many small or meduim sized companies to utilize for daily bookkeeping task. It can also keep equipment inventory and track expenses by many different customizable categories. the link is http://www.nocomplaintslawnservice.com/la.htm

Mowman29
01-30-2005, 03:23 AM
I tried 10 times for someone to send me a good link to download it. The customer service been good not great. I think I going to buy the new Quickbook Customer Manager 2.0 it only 79.95... unless someone on here can help me with gopher. I tried to download the 30 day trial but my computer will not let the 16 bit program to start. I am Running Microsoft XP and it a 2 year old Sony Vaio. It a great computer the best I ever had. I need something that works with Quickbooks because my CPA uses that for our payroll and taxes.

SidelinePropMgr
01-30-2005, 06:42 AM
I use Gopher and love it. Just bught quickbooks PRO and plan to integrate the two.

PMLAWN
01-30-2005, 10:03 AM
www.qxpress.com

Thanks wojo.