PDA

View Full Version : Let's Go Eagles!!

sjj14
01-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Just could not resist starting this post! We (here in philly) have waited too long not to enjoy some good ole fashioned smack talkin on every forum possible! Let the chatter begin! Steve

timturf
01-29-2005, 01:03 PM
wrong forum!!!

sjj14
01-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Dont worry Tim, Nascar is just around the corner for you southern boys

SodKing
01-29-2005, 01:59 PM
..and you philly fans will be watching Nascar while we Patriots fans attend the victory celebrations

timturf
01-29-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm a northern boy. born and raised west of chicago, ill
Can't get into the nascar thing. go eagles, I think they will need some prayers!

This should be in another forum, maybe off topic, or do we have a sprots one?

sjj14
01-29-2005, 03:43 PM
forum schmorum there is never a wrong place to chant E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!

ThreeWide
01-29-2005, 04:34 PM
I can't believe the Philly fans think they've actually accomplished something. After losing 3 times at home before, you finally won the NFC by beating a Falcons team that was living on borrowed time. We all expected the Falcons to be exposed when it got serious.

That said, beating the Pats would be one helluva thing to be proud of. But I don't see it happening.

Yes, its only 2 weeks until NASCAR hits the track for the first event.

sjj14
01-29-2005, 05:06 PM
True they have lost the last 3 NFC champ. games but only the last 2 where in Philly, the other was in St. Louis. That being said you can only play who is on the schedule and not giving the eagles a chance because of week opponets is silly. While I will give the Pats all the credit for getting there and they are a great team but look for the Birds to go toe to toe with them. The team who does not turn the ball over wins! Dont forget the T.O. factor!!

lawn king
01-29-2005, 07:30 PM
The patriots will crush the eagles like a beer can. They will adapt and assimilate just like they did to the mighty colts and steelers! Donovan and his mom should call campbells soup as they will be seeking employment soon!! Final score, patriots 744 eagles 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Dreams
01-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Its the year of the Chowd. Sorry philly fan, you just got in the way...

puredata
02-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Freddy Mitchell is gonna get crushed by Rodney Harrison. :dizzy:

Hey, McNabb is a great quarterback, I'd love to have him on the Patriots!

He'd make a great back-up to Tom Brady.

sjj14
02-02-2005, 08:55 PM
All the snow and cold temps. up there really must be getting to you guys. Tom Brady will fall to the "Axe Man" and "The Freak"! The New England area used up all their chips in beating "The Curse". It's time to bow to a real football town. Step aside cause down in "Eagleville" the crazed philly fans are taking over and there is no stopping it now! Go Birds!

jim dailey
02-02-2005, 09:12 PM
All the snow and cold temps. up there really must be getting to you guys. Tom Brady will fall to the "Axe Man" and "The Freak"! The New England area used up all their chips in beating "The Curse". It's time to bow to a real football town. Step aside cause down in "Eagleville" the crazed philly fans are taking over and there is no stopping it now! Go Birds!

Wake up, Grow up and Get Serious. Then again I guess that every little boy has his own dreams, DREAMER.

KLR
02-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Patriots 31

Eagles 10

maybe next year eagle fans but definaetly not this year! I've been a pats fan many years and have gone thru many heartbreak seasons (and many embarrasing seasons) so i know how eagle fans feel and how dissapopinted you will be ...hang in there :)

puredata
02-03-2005, 05:58 AM
I'm man enough to admit anything can happen on any given Sunday, afterall, this is pro football we're talking about. I just don't see the Eagles beating the Patriots. But, if they do, that would rank as a hell of an accomplishment.

[B]Go Patriots!...........let the dynasty begin.
[I](Uh,................if it hasn't already)

lawn king
02-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Richard seamore is playing, #&*+>"%&@*$!

sjj14
02-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Please help me understand the "huge upset" it would be if the birds win? Over the past 3 seasons we have almost identical records and throughout this season almost identical stats(if you worry about such things). While I give credit for the 2 rings over that time frame this, to me, is a pick em! 2 great defenses, two great Qb's and weapons on both sides all over the field. Should be fun either way. The party starts tomorow and doesnt end til the parade on Broad Street in Center City. Where is your runner up parade gonna be? Go birds!

puredata
02-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Hey Philly boy, let me ask you this.

If the Eagles were in the AFC would they be in the Super Bowl?

They played in a weak confrence, against weak divisonal teams. They played their playoff games outside, in the cold, against weak, dome teams. Would all your all-pro players be all-pro in the AFC?.......................nope.

The best bet would be, how many screws in T.O.'s leg are gonna get knocked loose. OR, how many snot-bubbles is Freddy Mitchell gonna blow when Rodney Harrison crushes him.

Freddy Mitchell after the hit........... :dizzy:
T.O. after the hit............ :cry:
The Eagles after the game...... :help:

The Patriots are the game........... :cool:

lawn king
02-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Please help me understand the "huge upset" it would be if the birds win? Over the past 3 seasons we have almost identical records and throughout this season almost identical stats(if you worry about such things). While I give credit for the 2 rings over that time frame this, to me, is a pick em! 2 great defenses, two great Qb's and weapons on both sides all over the field. Should be fun either way. The party starts tomorow and doesnt end til the parade on Broad Street in Center City. Where is your runner up parade gonna be? Go birds!
The nfc is weak, tom brady has never lost post season, cory dillon is a tank,we have the best coach in nfl history, this team has heart,experience,drive,an extraordinary kicker. They are the champions,they will be the champions sunday night. This team has not lost at home for 2 years! I'm sorry to rain on your parade but ther'e is no way the eagles can win this game, they will choke just as they did in the last 3 nfc champ. games. Ther'e are no stars on the patriots, they are the borg, resistance is futile.Have a nice day now! :)

puredata
02-05-2005, 07:38 AM
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=7]Yeah!,................. [B]like the Lawn King says![B] :blob3:

SodKing
02-05-2005, 10:08 AM
... It's time to bow to a real football town.

What Philly hasn't won a superbowl in what 24 years? This is just another game to us :) Hmmmm...are you telling me that the football season doesn't always end in January or February because around here it usually does. I think Philly fans are usually spectators by now...

Pats ... 45

Eagles ... 6

puredata
02-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Yes, there is a chance the Eagles can beat the Patriots.

But, that chance went out the window when the Patriot's plane landed safely in Jacksonville.

Garry celebrating another Tom Brady bomb for a touchdown :cool2:

Garry talking to his neighbor(from Philly) on Monday payup

His neighbor :realmad:

Freddy Mitchell after the Rodney Harrison attitude adjustment :dizzy:

Got $50 on which nostril Freddy's gonna blow that big snot bubble out of :rolleyes:

QualityLawnCare4u
02-05-2005, 09:01 PM
SJJ14, this may be one of the few times that Im wrong, but the game will be over by half time. But its ok to fantasize :D

Patriots: 48
Eagles: 10

Coffeecraver
02-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Im sure the Patroits will win,but I would like to see philly win it.

But more than that I would like to see T.Owens get knocked on his butt.
and have to leave the game.

I like it when Him and Randy Moss,or Deion Sanders are knocked out

I have some good numbers on the Super Bowl Pool
including 0-0,and 7-0 at 500.00 per QRT wish me luck
:)

Go PACK GO !!!

mbella
02-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Norm, I used to feel the same way about T.O., but I have to tell you, after watching him up close all year, he does nothing but work hard and perform. If he does talk trash, he backs it up. He is definitely not in the same classification as Moss. T.O. would never quit in a game.

Also, for you guys that think the Eagles don't have a chance, you're crazy. The Eagles defense IS better than the Pats'. Admittedly, the Pats have a better offense. I think it will be a close game.

mbella
02-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey Philly boy, let me ask you this.

If the Eagles were in the AFC would they be in the Super Bowl?

They played in a weak confrence, against weak divisonal teams. They played their playoff games outside, in the cold, against weak, dome teams. Would all your all-pro players be all-pro in the AFC?.......................nope.

The best bet would be, how many screws in T.O.'s leg are gonna get knocked loose. OR, how many snot-bubbles is Freddy Mitchell gonna blow when Rodney Harrison crushes him.

Freddy Mitchell after the hit........... :dizzy:
T.O. after the hit............ :cry:
The Eagles after the game...... :help:

The Patriots are the game........... :cool:

Garry, weak argument. If the Pats were in the NFC three years ago, would they have made it to the Superbowl? Did it matter? Obviously not.

The Eagles played the teams that were on the schedule. The only team the Eagles legitimately lost to was the same team that beat the Patriots. Would the Eagles have lost to Miami on Monday night football with home field on the line. No way. Does that matter now? No.

I will agree with you on one thing. I hope Freddy Mitchell feels some pain. His remarks were very uncharacteristic of the Eagles personality. He is nothing more than an average receiver that desperately wants attention.

Finally, I'll give you guys baseball, but your fans have nothing on Eagles fans when it comes to football. They set the ratio of Eagles fans to Patriots fans present in Jacksonville, conservatively, at 10 to 1.

Don't choke on your wine and cheese and crackers when time runs out and the Eagles have more points.

puredata
02-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Mike.......................are you serious?

I've been listening to sports radio and all the live broadcasts all week. I've heard endless reports of the rude and drunken behavior of your Philly fans. Now there's something to be proud of!

Hey, got a question for all you Philly fans.

Why are the Eagles and marijuana similar?

Answer: They're both gonna get smoked in the bowl today! :sleeping:

mbella
02-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Rowdy Sox Fans Rampage In Streets
Riot Police Try To Keep Order As Fires Set, Crowds Go Wild

POSTED: 7:15 am EDT October 21, 2004
UPDATED: 12:31 pm EDT October 21, 2004

BOSTON -- Boston police are investigating injuries suffered by three people during post-game riots Wednesday following the Red Sox win over the Yankees. They said the injuries may have been the result of police use of "less-than-lethal force," according to a police statement.

The Red Sox's historic victory over the New York Yankees in Game 7 of the AL championship series Wednesday night sent thousands of elated Red Sox fans rampaging into the streets of Boston. Police estimated the crowds surged to between 60,000 and 80,000 people who converged on the Kenmore Square, Fenway Park area of the city. Most appeared to be students, they said.

WCVB-TV in Boston reported that a crime scene was set up on Yawkey Way at Fenway Park, where several fans tried to scale the wall on the back side of the Green Monster, falling down onto the street below. They were transported to area hospitals, some with potentially life-threatening injuries. Detectives are investigating the incident.

Elsewhere, cars were set on fire and others were overturned, keeping firefighters busy while scores of riot police came out in force to try to control the crowds. After a fan was killed during Super Bowl post-game riots in Boston earlier this year, the city decided to put twice the number of officers on the street after the Sox championship games. The officers, clad in helmets and vests, were aggressive about crowd control Wednesday night, shoving rowdy fans with riot batons and pushing through the crowds in front of ambulances that had sirens blaring.

Smoke and flames sprang up amid the crowds as rowdy fans climbed light poles and swung from trees, one group scaling a McDonald's awning, trying to tear it down. Others threw barrels and one group almost threw a shopping cart through a bank window, prompting police to call for backup. Boston police reported eight arrests, most for disorderly conduct. One arrest was reported for assault and battery on a police officer. Police said at least 16 were reported injured, including an officer whose nose was broken by a "thrown projectile."

Garry, you got me. If that is your standard then yes, I am proud to be an Eagles fan. I guess if an Eagles fan cracks a beer and chants E A G L E S and that disrupts your quiche and wine then yeah, we are disruptive. We should take lessons from fans in the Boston area. Give me a break. That knock on philly fans is so tired.

Am I serious? Serious about what? I feel that these teams are equally matched. What else is there to say?

sjj14
02-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Anyone Who Puts T.o. In The Same Boat As Deon And Moss Is Out Of Touch. This Is A Guy Who Does All The Things On And Off The Field As A Pro And Is A Stand Up Guy. Yes He Struts On The Field But If You Notice Only After A T.d. And Who Doesnt Do This? He Will Be The Difference In The Game And It Will Give Me Great Pleasure In Watching Him Celebrate In Front Of All The Pats As They Ponder How Did This Happen? Enjoy The Game In Gilbertsville Mbrella!! Go Birds

mbella
02-06-2005, 10:01 AM
sj, I definitely will. Yeah, the T.O. stuff and the bad rap the fans get makes for good tv, but it is exaggerated. T.O. has been the focus of the national media all week and he hasn't said anything controversial. He is a true professional and as you and I stated, does not deserve to dropped to the same class as Randy Moss.

James Cormier
02-06-2005, 10:35 AM
sj, I definitely will. Yeah, the T.O. stuff and the bad rap the fans get makes for good tv, but it is exaggerated. T.O. has been the focus of the national media all week and he hasn't said anything controversial. He is a true professional and as you and I stated, does not deserve to dropped to the same class as Randy Moss.

Somehow I think God didnt have anything to do with healing TO to be able to play in a football game, I think god has other things higher on his list.

Do I think both teams are evenly matched, not even close, Pats have been to 5 super bowls since 1997 and won 2, they won 22 games in a row, they have broken so many NFL records, the game should be a blow out....but as Bommer always says....." thats why they play the game" Come sunday night, the team that prepared and executed the best for this game will come out on top.

mbella
02-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Break it down James. Tell me why the Eagles don't have a chance. So far, the stats you've mentioned mean nothing. Tell me why in this game, TODAY, not last year or three years ago, the Eagles have no chance. While you're at it, explain that Monday night loss since you feel that previous games mean so much.

Like I said these teams are evenly matched. History means nothing.

Coffeecraver
02-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Anyone Who Puts T.o. In The Same Boat As Deon And Moss Is Out Of Touch. This Is A Guy Who Does All The Things On And Off The Field As A Pro And Is A Stand Up Guy. Yes He Struts On The Field But If You Notice Only After A T.d. And Who Doesnt Do This? He Will Be The Difference In The Game And It Will Give Me Great Pleasure In Watching Him Celebrate In Front Of All The Pats As They Ponder How Did This Happen? Enjoy The Game In Gilbertsville Mbrella!! Go Birds

T.Owens wiping his butt on the goal post in Green Bay puts him right up there
with Deon Sanders and Randy Moss, Janet Jackson,Madona and Dennis Rodman.

This constant need to put their image in public,like it or not is a discrace to the game,and anything they do.Wake up T.Owens is playing the same game.

As I said I think New England will win,although I will be going for the Eagles.

I would like to see T.Owens knocked out of the game
and McKnabb finally get his respect.

mbella
02-06-2005, 10:52 AM
When did T.O. do that? Are you talking about Moss?

James Cormier
02-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Break it down James. Tell me why the Eagles don't have a chance. So far, the stats you've mentioned mean nothing. Tell me why in this game, TODAY, not last year or three years ago, the Eagles have no chance. While you're at it, explain that Monday night loss since you feel that previous games mean so much.

Like I said these teams are evenly matched. History means nothing.

Like I said, thats why they play the game, Any team can win at anytime, Heck, look back just a few years ago with Pats vs. Rams Just that alone makes me nervous, Now we ( Pats ) are the Rams and the eagles are the underdogs.

That Monday night game was a fluke, all teams have flukes, Im sure the eagles have, like 3 nfc final games in a row, 2 at home. ONe against the bucks.

Al the Pats have showed is they find a way to win big games, Eagles just haven't showed that yet. Maybe tonight? Maybe next year?

All I know is up here in New England all we heard about was there was no way we could stop Manning and the colts, best offense ever!! Well we kept them out of the endzone,

Then no way brady could survive the steelers Defense, best in the league, well we scored 41 points.

To me ( and many experts) the eagles is by far the easiest game of this playoffs, Now thats what scares me!

mbella
02-06-2005, 11:08 AM
James, your last post is more rational. I give the Pats all props. They are the defending Superbowl Champs. They are a great team and very hard to dislike. However, the Eagles have a legitimate chance to win this game. I think the Pats victory over the Rams three years ago is a bigger upset than would be if the Eagles win tonight. These teams are evenly matched.

I disagree that the Eagles game will be the easiest of the postseason for the Pats. The Colts defense has nothing on the Eagles. Ben Rothelsberger is not Donovan McNabb.

Again, this should be a good game, not the blowout that some of you bluebloods predict.

Coffeecraver
02-06-2005, 11:29 AM
I stand corrected it was Randy Moss who did the goal post in Green Bay.
:o
T.Owens is not that bad.

Good Luck Philly! :gunsfirin

mbella
02-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Norm, Can't we all just get along? Lol. I look forward to a good game.

mbella
02-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey Sodking, lets make a bet. Pats win, I change my screen name to Sodking's girl and change my avatar to the Pats logo. Eagles win, you change your screen name to Sodqueen and change your avatar to the Eagles logo.

These changes remain in place until the start of the regular season.

lawn king
02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Tune into fox in approximately 9.5 hours if you want to see tom brady hoist the v.l. trophy in the air! Pats 35 eagles 17. The lawn king knows!

mbella
02-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Tune into fox in approximately 9.5 hours if you want to see tom brady hoist the v.l. trophy in the air! Pats 35 eagles 17. The lawn king knows!

Lawn King, the bet is open to you also. Lawn Queen with the Eagles logo avatar. I like it!

mbella
02-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey you chowder heads, this is open to all of you. Turf Queen, Green Queen, Jim the Queen, Coffee Queen, Queen James, the bet is open to all of you. Let me know.

jim dailey
02-06-2005, 01:10 PM
forum schmorum there is never a wrong place to chant E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!

No Way, JOSE !!!

lawn king
02-06-2005, 01:27 PM
An eagles fan walks up to a pats fan down in jacksonville and says, why are there so many more eagles fans her'e than pats fans? The pats fan replies, this gets very expensive year after year!

James Cormier
02-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey you chowder heads, this is open to all of you. Turf Queen, Green Queen, Jim the Queen, Coffee Queen, Queen James, the bet is open to all of you. Let me know.

Here is my bet, If eagles win, I will congratulate you, and say eagles are the better team, If Pats win, all I want you to do is the same, no excuses

lawn king
02-06-2005, 03:35 PM
if the Eagles win, I will send you a Lawn King shirt!

mbella
02-06-2005, 03:50 PM
if the Eagles win, I will send you a Lawn King shirt!

Ok. I will have an Eagles logo placed on it. James, without a doubt, I will do the same.

Coffeecraver
02-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Win or loose it dosn't matter

Im a Packer Fan

1st Qrt 0-0 I won 500.00 thats what matters

:)

mbella
02-06-2005, 10:24 PM
James, the better team won. Very impressive by the Pats. They did what they do and they won. Close though. Thank you for not taking my bet. I would be sick if I had to look at a Patriots logo until the start of next season. Lol.

James Cormier
02-06-2005, 10:31 PM
James, the better team won. Very impressive by the Pats. They did what they do and they won. Close though. Thank you for not taking my bet. I would be sick if I had to look at a Patriots logo until the start of next season. Lol.

Thats classy Mike, what a great game!!! I have no finger nails left

SodKing
02-06-2005, 11:31 PM
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mbella
02-06-2005, 11:46 PM
That must feel good. You guys are spoiled. I'll tell you what, I actually rooted for the Sox and was thrilled to see them knock off the Yankees. Obviously, I didn't root for the Pats. However, I have to say, the Red Sox and the Patriots really represent their sports well. It is so hard to dislike either of them, except when they're playing a team from philly.

lawn king
02-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Eagles played very well,way better than i expected! I question the clock mgmt.late in the game on the eagles, but whats done is done. We are very lucky here to have the champs (2) there wer'e many dark years when the patriots won 2 or 3 games all season. Myself, i feel it's the quality of the playing surface that has put thes'e teams wher'e they are!

puredata
02-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Wow, what a game!

Let the dynasty begin......................you simply can't take that away from us. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I did gain alot of respect for T. O...................quite the warrior that boy is.

Good game, all you Eagles fans!.....................hold your head high and step into that long line of teams that just can't beat a great football team.

Winning the Super Bowl just never gets old :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Hey Philly....................see ya next year? :waving:

James Cormier
02-07-2005, 07:56 AM
After watching tv all nite long.....Just cant get enough of post game shows, I must say the MVP of last nights game was TO. I cant believe how well he played.

Perfect example of how Pats win, No real clear mvp, The whole team should be named MVP or maybe Number 37, that was my pick.

What a ride, thank you Pats!!

puredata
02-07-2005, 08:17 AM
In the words of the great band U2..............It's a beautiful daaaaaaaaaaaaaay, don't let it slip away. :)

sjj14
02-07-2005, 05:05 PM
ok, ok The pats were and are the better team! It pains me to write this but I started the thread so I am here to take my lumps. Go ahead and lay it on cause I would have if the birds won. Good game, Steve

James Cormier
02-07-2005, 09:59 PM
ok, ok The pats were and are the better team! It pains me to write this but I started the thread so I am here to take my lumps. Go ahead and lay it on cause I would have if the birds won. Good game, Steve

Im like the players on the pats, I dont talk smack, I just get things done, Game over, now its time to think about next season.

BACK TO BACK TO BACk????

qps
02-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Im like the players on the pats, I dont talk smack, I just get things done, Game over, now its time to think about next season.

BACK TO BACK TO BACk????

Who do you think will leave after this season??? I do admire the no B.S. the whole team seems to have. Just smash mouth football. :)

puredata
02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Who cares about next season.....................it's eight months away.

Let's reflect about this great season!............savoring every moment :)

Me, I talk alittle smack.................then let the New England Patriots 2004 world champions do all the work.

T.O. you got my respect...............I still can't stand you, but, you did what you said you would............and I'll always give you that.

Hey, coach Reid.........................nice time management!

Okay, Bowl's over, we won, talk done...................I'm walkin away with my arms flappin like an eagle............................Man, does this look stupid.