PDA

View Full Version : Marketing by Doorhanger!

Turf Tamers
01-29-2005, 06:31 PM
This season will be my first utilizing door-hangers as a marketing tool. I'm a part-timer but lookin t increase by account base. I have decided to order 2500 door-hangers. Their going to cost around $500.00. For all you full-time pro's what kind of return can I expect on my investment? My market is high end residential.

tonygreek
01-29-2005, 06:59 PM
turf, be sure that the neighborhoods allow doorhangers or door-to-door anything. the neighborhood that i live in prohibits flyers and door-to-door must follow a list of "do not knock" addresses. the police, and residents, firmly enforce it. 1st is a warning, 2nd you are arrested.

btw, 48hourprint.com has 2,500 4 color process, double-sided hangers for $275 (3.5"x8.5") and $375 for (4.25"x11").

tony

Turf Tamers
01-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks, I will do some homework before I get started. Im in Law Enforcement and getting arrested would be a bad move.

DiscoveryLawn
01-30-2005, 12:53 PM
turf, be sure that the neighborhoods allow doorhangers or door-to-door anything. the neighborhood that i live in prohibits flyers and door-to-door must follow a list of "do not knock" addresses. the police, and residents, firmly enforce it. 1st is a warning, 2nd you are arrested.

btw, 48hourprint.com has 2,500 4 color process, double-sided hangers for $275 (3.5"x8.5") and $375 for (4.25"x11").

tony

Tony,
What neighborhood around here has a "do not knock" list?
This will be good to know BEFORE I start knocking.
I have never had problems (in 15 years) in the areas that I have distributed fliers in as long as they were not put in the mailboxes.

David

tonygreek
01-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Oakwood, oakwood, oakwood.... :)

no commercial yard signs of any kind, as well. the company does not get the ticket and fine, the homeowner does. the oakwood register newspaper lists a weekly crime report and i see guys getting warned or arrested quite often. it's not like theres to much action in oakwood, so the police are quite vigilant with it.

all of a sudden i've seen quite a few houses with commercial signs in their yard (typically cincinnati-based window or roofing companies). that's irresponsible for the company to not do their homework and put the homeowner in jeopardy like that. you simply need to look around and see that there might not be any for a reason.