PDA

View Full Version : my business card take a LOOK

grass disaster
01-29-2005, 07:30 PM
just something i typed up quick
what do you think? it needs a little professional touching up. like grass on the bottom and oranger color.

did i spell everything correct (de thatching?)

T Edwards
01-29-2005, 08:33 PM
I believe dethatching is one word and I think you should try to balance out the card. It's a little too heavy on the left hand side.

grass disaster
01-29-2005, 08:49 PM
i was thinking about putting a picture of a zero turn in there some kind of a sketch.

grass disaster
01-29-2005, 09:00 PM
or maybe i could just go with something like this? which would be better you think?????

Green-Pro
01-29-2005, 09:11 PM
I like the second sample more... Just a thought maybe try putting the bullet for mowing a couple of spaces below and centered, the three services listed on left side three on the right, in the interest of balance, if thats what your after. They look good though, I think if you go with a graphic (icon) you would want it to be small so the card did not look too cluttered.

My .02

:)

-Geoff

timturf
01-30-2005, 07:10 AM
I like the second sample more... Just a thought maybe try putting the bullet for mowing a couple of spaces below and centered, the three services listed on left side three on the right, in the interest of balance, if thats what your after. They look good though, I think if you go with a graphic (icon) you would want it to be small so the card did not look too cluttered.

My .02

:)

-Geoff

I like your suggestion

absolutelawnman
02-02-2005, 01:10 PM
From my days of college and working on similar projects they always taught us to have only 25% "white space" in you case orange space. I think I would make your name substantially larger and make it the focul point I have attached an image you may like and may not, hope it helps.

neatbynature
02-22-2005, 03:46 PM
It's very plain.....Should look at some designs at a printing biz. just my opinion

mikestr
02-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Your card is a little too busy IMO. Try using a program called Microsoft Publisher 2003 it has some really good templates and you can pretty much do anything. I created mine with it. I also designed my own logo with Paint Shop Pro 9 and imported the pic. See attached.

grass disaster
02-23-2005, 06:17 PM
i stopped at a printing company and told them to come up with something. they said they'll have some samples by friday.

Lawnbiz
02-27-2005, 07:20 PM
From my days of college and working on similar projects they always taught us to have only 25% "white space" in you case orange space. I think I would make your name substantially larger and make it the focul point I have attached an image you may like and may not, hope it helps.

I like this one better, good job absolute.

drsogr
02-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Go to Vistaprint and get some free ones made up with a good looking back ground. I went with some that had the american flag in the back ground. You can use their little online program to make them.