PDA

View Full Version : spark plugs,which to buy?

bababooie
01-30-2001, 03:30 PM
which brand of spark plugs seem to last the longest or are the best, for all applications.

Eric ELM
01-30-2001, 04:03 PM
My dealer recommended using Honda plugs in my Shindaiwa equipment and also for my Red Max BP Blower. I have found they work better and last longer.

For my gas mowers, I have tried several, and they all seem to work fine. I'm glad I have 2 diesels now, I don't have that problem at all. :)

Mowman
01-30-2001, 05:34 PM
I USED TO RUN CHAMPION. NOW I RUN NGK IN ALL MY EQUIPMENT. THEY ARE STANDARD IN MOST 2CYCLE MINE ANYWAY. I'VE TRIED THE $8.00 SPLIT FIRE PLUGS AND DIDN'T SEE ANY GAIN IN FUEL MILEAGE OR POWER SO WHY SPEND THE $$$$$$$$. I GUESS USE WHAT HAS WORKED BEST FOR YOU, SAY IN YOUR CAR OR TRUCK.
GOOD LUCK,
Mowman

Mark
01-30-2001, 08:15 PM
I stick with what the engine manuel requires. Don't want to run to hot of a plug, alot of cutters around here run Gold Plat--but thats to hot,very hard on them pistons. Marks Mowing Service

bob
01-30-2001, 08:41 PM
I read an article about spark plugs and 2 stroke engines. It said split-fire do absolutly nothing for a 2 stroke engine. Like MOwman said, save your money.