PDA

View Full Version : A few comments

Tigerotor77W
01-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey everyone,

There are two issues I'd like to take up, one that I've been wanting to say for quite some time but wasn't sure if it'd be appropriate. The second I'll actually say first -- this semester is going to be rough, so I might not be able to get here as often as I would like. Now for the second...
I began posting on this site because it was a great way for me to learn. I actually searched for various skid-steer terms on Google and this is one of the forums that came up; when I registered, I was impressed with the scope of this site. Given my love for skid steers, when people asked about them, I would unabashedly give my opinion, usually causing others not to say anything because, as I felt it, I had already answered the question. In a few of my posts, I may have even come across as being a smart-a$$. It was never my intention to be the source of all information; it was never my intention to block people from making their own comments about the subject. And as was shown in a few instances, I was wrong in some of my judgments. The point is, I wanted to make a formal apology to the members of this board who had their thoughts taken away from them, or who had their own experiences muted or possibly attacked because of my posting. I didn't mean to come here as a know-it-all, and I'm sorry if that's the image that's come across. I try to encourage more posting by leaving some of the posts open ended, but if I do that, it seems that I'm saying (in disguise) "Anyone else have anything to add? ... didn't think so..." And that's not what this board is about. If this notion or opinion ever has come to you, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to create that idea or fester it through the year.
In any case, this doesn't really have to do with Heavy Equipment or Pavement, but I wanted to let you all know what had been bothering me (the appearance of what could be my egoism) on this forum. I don't feel that I've been quite as aggressive on the two other forums, but the apologies extend there, too.
So yes -- I'll post here once in a while but feel the fresh air of not having some random guy steal opinions. :)

Have a geat year, everyone!

Xing

AL Inc
01-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Xing, no problem here. I like reading your posts. A little long and detailed, but still good. It still amazes me how somene who never owned a skid could be so knowledgeable :waving: I guess you do a lot of research? :laugh: Keep up the good work. Since I'm learning to post pics, these are for you

AL Inc
01-30-2005, 12:25 PM
One more of snow clean-up

Randy Scott
01-30-2005, 01:26 PM
I don't have a problem. I take your posts for what they're worth. Technical information with no real-life experience operating. Not a big deal. You've never denied that. Specs are important as well as hands on. I'm sure you have helped many here.

I'd rather read a post from you than some moron who just asks "how much to charge per hour yadee yadee".

ghostgunn
01-30-2005, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't worry about it one bit. I am certain that there are alot of people that have zip experience and yet they act like the know everything. Atleast , you have explained that. Many people just want to be the big shot, a troller, or flamer, with nothing to back them but the ability to set behind a computer. Anyone getting on the computer and using it for knowledgable insight has to do it with a grain of caution. I would in fact say that the majority of people that post, have little knowledge but feel they need to act that way. You have to read every post with the ability to sort through decide what is worth using and what you feel is credible. If you in fact have written always with the intent of sharing valuable information you have nothing to apologize for period. Believe me, there will soon be someone that will snow ball your effort into something that they have no knowledge about period. Hopefully, people have their own ability to disgard what they want to read and go on.

Scag48
01-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey Xing, no worries. I like reading your posts because you have the technical engineering aspect of these machines that I DON'T recognize as well as you do. If there was anyone I would ask about specific geometries/capacites/anything, it would be you. Take care and keep posting when you can.

Tigerotor77W
01-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys. :) I still do feel badly about some of my posts.

In any case, again, have a good year.

mbella
01-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Don't feel badly. As Randy stated, you've always stated that you have no real- life experience. I find your technical knowledge valuable and take it for what it's worth. I have to tell you that I actually look forward to reading your posts. They seem to be well researched and never from the hip.

Also, you can't be responsible for someone else not posting. If someone chooses not to respond after reading one of your posts then that is their choice.

work_it
01-31-2005, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't worry about it Xing. I think it's awesome when someone (like you) actually knows the answers to a question and is willing to share their knowledge. Like mentioned previously by ghostgunn; what bothers me is someone who doesn't have a clue but posts anyway. I like reading in this forum, but you won't find one post here (other than this one...lol) from me. Guess you could say I'm clueless when it comes to skids, but members like you are helping members like me to prepare for the future. Oh, and thanks for showing a little humility. I don't see that quality too often in these forums.

GreenMonster
01-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Xing,

NO problems here either, I mean, hell, I find it a lot easier to ask you a question than to look in my owner's manual, lol.

BTW, what's the oil fill capacity on my '93 753 and 99 x331? :D

alldredge_2008
01-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Xing,

I have alot of respect for your knowledge about machinery! You know alot about model numbers, the specifications, and you are like a walking manual for bobcat loaders, and other brands, and I respect that alot. If anything I would like to know as much as you know, and you make me want to learn more and more. You are very nice in your post and you always have a respectful opinion.

Good Luck and God Speed! :blob3:

For anyone interested in equipment prices I found a website that has many equipment brands and models. Im am not sure how accurate the prices are but I view it as a ball park price. I am also pretty sure that you need Adobe Acrobate.
www.dot.state.mn.us/equipment/contracts/

ksss
02-01-2005, 03:16 PM
I was never given that impression at all. As I have said before, your knowledge base is impressive. The manner in which you present it is always very respectful with your backround fully explained. Some may not like what is said (JD270), but thats life. I don't believe you owe anyone an apology.

Tigerotor77W
02-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks again. Regardless of whether it was necessary for people to hear, I felt completely that I owed it. (No need to continue this thread much longer... it was more of an fyi -- didn't expect to get so much feedback. Nevertheless: thanks for the encouraging words, everyone!)