PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Online Ordering

rookie03
01-30-2005, 05:27 PM
What's the fastest place to order door hangers online? And how long should it take to receive the door hangers? I need something fast. Thanks!

mowin at the lake
01-30-2005, 05:33 PM
I would check with a local print shop.

1MajorTom
01-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Well there are a few variables I guess which would determine how long it will take. Such as, do you have design all ready to go in the correct format to email to them? Or will they have to design it for you?
I ordered some hangers for a friend, and I placed the order on January 7th, by the time they contacted me and faxed over the final proof to me, it was January 12th. Their turn around for printing was 5 business days, and then UPS shipping. Door hangers arrived on January 25th. Not exactly fast, but the process does take a little time.

tonygreek
01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
48hourprint.com

traman
01-30-2005, 05:49 PM
I would check with a local print shop.

i agree stay local this way you have more control of out come .most local printer will work with you on fast time frame plus help with other needs ,hay you my even get them as a customer comm and res.

lawncare4u
01-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Design your own...then print them

rookie03
01-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Ok, so what's the fastest place Online to order Door Hangers?

Tonygreek,

How long does it take for 48hourprint.com?

tonygreek
01-30-2005, 06:20 PM
i like your sense of humor, rookie....

48 hours from order. they are a full color (4 color process) shop, so your hangers would be photo-like, full-color, front and back. hit their page and you'll find all the answers to your questions.

walker-talker
01-30-2005, 07:52 PM
How long does it take for 48hourprint.com?
I just got my 30,000 flyers. From the day I uploaded the files to them, to the time I received the flyers on my door......took 13 days. What kind of response were you expecting?

rookie03
01-31-2005, 12:46 AM
Thanks a lot guys! I was expecting maybe 5-7 business days after making the purchase. I could probably get away with waiting 13 days. Of course, I'm not going to order 30,000 flyers so maybe it will be a little quicker. Anyway, I've been checking out 48hourprint.com and it looks like it will do the job just fine! What file type did you send them?

walker-talker
01-31-2005, 04:00 AM
What file type did you send them?
You can go to their website and find what all files they will accept.....and they accept a lot!!! I uploaded mine in .psd format. I have used .tiff and .eps as well. I was told by my last designer that .psd offered the truest colors. Personally, I have no idea of any truth to this....just going by what he said. 13 days is about what I expected. I was thinking between 2-3 weeks...so that was good. Make sure you view the proof and accept it (if it's correct) as soon as they send it, that will speed up the process.

Do you have any pics of your doorhangers?

tonygreek
01-31-2005, 10:23 AM
for professional printing, you'll want to use "cmyk" colors, which is what walker's designer alluded to with the .psd (photoshop) format. you'll also want to design at 300dpi resolution, so pics you might find on a typical website (typically 72dpi) will not work for professional printing as they are too grainy.

what software do you plan to design this in? whatever you do, just hit the respective printer's website and read up on their how-to sections which will detail what exactly you need to do, and in what format. they'll also have template downloads that will act as guides so that you can understand what useable area you need to have your design in for bleeds or cut-offs. if you don't understand what a bleed is, hit the site. that's what they are there for.

good luck.

rookie03
01-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks again! Excellent advise. I was planning on using some of Gopher's door hanger and flyer templates. Then doing a little customizing to fit my own preference. Looks like I'll be using Microsoft Picture It. It think it does a good job and you can save it as .psd too! What specific programs did you use? And thanks for telling me about the 300dpi.

Grass Gator
02-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Rookie.......Where in Oklahoma are you located?

LawnsRUsInc.
02-01-2005, 12:36 AM
RND signs rndsigns.com ask for Addie or if you want basic nebs is also quick One week at your door easy.

Cut-Rite2
02-01-2005, 12:18 PM
If you want some free information about supplying electronic art files for a printing company, go to my website at this url.

http://www.digitlfx.com/prepress.html

You will find terminology and "prepress" advice for graphics files there. I believe you will find this information to be technically correct and accurate.

Your best turnaround time will be from a local printer, but that also depends on how busy they are. Also, you have to find out if they do 4-color process work. Your average "mom and pop" store may not have the right type of press to do it, so ask before you commit to anything. Most Commercial Printers will be able to do process color. Also, if your layout is only 1-3 colors, ask about using "Spot" color instead of "Process" color, it's cheaper, but using spot color will only work if your art is generated from an Adobe Illustrator or Freehand file, then imported to a page layout program, such as QuarkXpress, Pagemaker or InDesign. Using Photoshop will only result in files with 4-color process.

A graphic artist formerly working for a printing company.