PDA

View Full Version : Just starting in MN

green mike
01-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post hope it works.

I worked for a guy for 4 years mowing commercial props. I've been out of the biz for the last 4 years and want to start my own. I am looking at residentials to start out with. Could anyone tell me what the going rate is for mowing in the twin cities metro area?

I have a 03 f250 and a friend is going to lend me his lazer Z and trailer,(trailer just fits the Z, nothing else) already have hand held blower, good trimer, and small push mower. Thinking about buying a quick 36. Will this equipment be ok to start out with???

Thanks

Up North
01-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post hope it works.

I worked for a guy for 4 years mowing commercial props. I've been out of the biz for the last 4 years and want to start my own. I am looking at residentials to start out with. Could anyone tell me what the going rate is for mowing in the twin cities metro area?

I have a 03 f250 and a friend is going to lend me his lazer Z and trailer,(trailer just fits the Z, nothing else) already have hand held blower, good trimer, and small push mower. Thinking about buying a quick 36. Will this equipment be ok to start out with???

Thanks

Hey green mike,
Welcome to lawnsite. You'd be starting out a lot better then some have. Last season was my first and I wish I could have started out with a Z. You'll be fine, don't forget about insurance.

Buck