PDA

View Full Version : Critique my Service Agreement?

Braxton
01-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Here is a service agreement I am working on. Please give suggestions, corrections, etc. This is my first year and I want to keep it simple, but I also want to cover all my bases. So, let me have it: what do I need to change? (The final document will have a place to check and initial for each weekly service.)

Service Agreement

Agreement for lawn service

This agreement entered into between _______________________ and ________________________________ commencing on __________________ and continuing thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied.

____________________ agrees to perform the services indicated once per week for a weekly fee of ____________.

Mow
Trim
Edge flower and shrub beds and concrete walks and patio surfaces
Blow off concrete surfaces
Weed out beds

This fee will be due and payable upon completion of the first service. After the first service, all services will be billed monthly and will be due by the 15th of the month following the performance of the service.

Any extra services will be agreed upon in advance between __________________________& ____________________ on a one time basis in writing.

Any application of mulch, pine straw, etc. will be considered extra services and will be treated as such.

By signing below, you certify that you have read, understand, and agree to the above stated service agreement.

Customerís Signature: ____________________________________

Owner/Manager Signature: _________________________________

Thanks for input.

Braxton

PMLAWN
01-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Any application of mulch, pine straw, etc. will be considered extra services and will be "treated as such."

Try "authorized by separate work order"

"and continuing thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied. "

Put on a date (12/31/05) and than have an auto renew for another year.

" Mow
Trim
Weed out beds "

This is a little vague on scope

"By signing below"

Upon executing this agreement

Over all it is good, just a few thoughts.

Braxton
01-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Thanks PMLawn. Some of your suggestions are incorporated below. I left "signing below," though. Your wording sounds better, but I honestly think some folks here wouldn't understand it where they will understand "signing below." As for the vague in scope, can you be more specific? What exactly do you mean? There will be a place to hand-write in other things if they ask and I can do them such as shrubs. I will also have seperate agreements for one-time installs.

Thanks. Here's the revised version.

Service Agreement

Agreement for lawn service

This agreement entered into between _______________________ and ________________________________ commencing on __________________ and continuing until ____________________.

____________________ agrees to perform the services indicated once per week for a weekly fee of ____________.

Mow
Trim
Weed out beds

This fee will be due and payable upon completion of the first service. After the first service, all services will be billed monthly and will be due by the 15th of the month following the performance of the service.

Any extra services will be agreed upon in advance between __________________________& ____________________ on a one time basis in writing.

Any application of mulch, pine straw, etc. will be considered extra services and will be authorized by separate work order.

By signing below, you certify that you have read, understand, and agree to the above stated service agreement.

Customerís Signature: ____________________________________

Owner/Manager Signature: _________________________________

Thanks for input.

Braxton

PMLAWN
01-31-2005, 08:16 AM
(SCOPE: The Contractor agrees to provide all landscape maintenance services for the Property, which are detailed on the attached Schedule ďAĒ with the exception of the following items: . The scope of services can be modified in the future via written change orders signed by both parties)

I have this in my contract and than I have a page attached which spells out in detail exactly what is to be done

------Mowing: Cutting of the lawn with all clippings being mulched back into the lawn to improve soil.
Pattern or direction will be altered from the direction of the previous mowing.
Mowing patterns will create straight lines when feasible.
The grass is to maintained at a height of 3-4 inches.
All mowing will be preformed in a manner to prevent damage to turf, trees, shrubs, site fixtures, and parked cars.

-------Edging: Curb and bed edges will be mechanically edged on a weekly basis. Trimmings will be removed from pavement areas following this operation.

-------String trimming: For all areas inaccessible to mowers, a string trimmer will be used in a manner that cuts the grass blades at approximately the same height as the mowers.

This comes from one of my HOAs contracts and may be a little much for residental lots but I think makes the point of adding a little more info as to what you are going to do.

Hope this helps. I service every thing from small homes to HOAs and Industrial Parks. My contract works for everything and than I just use the "Scope" to detail each property.

PMLAWN
01-31-2005, 08:18 AM
Look at "Critique My Contract" in this forum to see the contract.

Hope this helps