PDA

View Full Version : Lazer Z

Green Acres
05-18-2000, 08:59 PM
I just bought a 60" Lazer Z so far it has cut time off of my yards. I mow a few with slopes it climbs it fine but going down it or trying to back up it I'm having problems. I was wondering if anyone else had these problems and if adding weight to the rear tires would help or if I bought some tire like you would see on a four wheeler. Thanks

jrblawncare
05-19-2000, 05:18 AM
Bought the new Lazer HP with the 52&quot; deck and 23 hp. Kaw.....It came with a weight bar around the engine.I have not had any real problems...try slowing down when going down a slope and backing-up it does help when I start to slip.I do see a few other round here with 4 wheeler type tires on Zs not sure how they work.<p>----------<br>John <br>

columbiaplower
05-19-2000, 07:23 AM
i have what jr has i dont have any problem, try some dc wheel

HOMER
05-19-2000, 07:49 AM
Better be careful going down hills! I don't know of any of these machines that won't slip and once they get started they aren't easy to stop! Read the posts on folks sliding into lakes and stuff. Try to go sideways or back down the hills, I think adding more weight might increase the &quot;gravitational&quot; pull so you might just slide faster.<p>Homer<p>P.S. BEEN THERE DONE THAT, IT AIN'T FUN

yardsmith
05-19-2000, 09:05 AM
Read my post on tire modifications I posted 2 days ago. I had same prob.-lawn tires suck!<br>Got TITAN AT 489's & I climbed up a 45* slope with fill dirt & loose rocks like a champ with my bobcat Z.<br>I have V tread tires on my other mowers too.<br>Just be sure (when you have aggressive tires on) you keep both tires moving when Zero-turning, cuz these tires will tear up the grass 5x easier!<br>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: yardsmith

Getmow
05-19-2000, 06:03 PM
Back down the slopes!!! Turn and go across the slope. It works well with my DC's. Their weight is distributed a bit defferently.