PDA

View Full Version : Watermark Your Pics

ritchiem
01-31-2005, 09:37 AM
Is anyone interested in getting their pictures watermarked? Watermarking is a great way to stop people from stealing your pics off of the internet. Watermarking does not alter the quality of your pictures, it just adds your website or company name in very faint lettering anywhere you like on the picture.

Let me know if you are interested.

here is an example

http://designinq.com/tests/landmark/6_big_jpg.jpg

J Haugner
02-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Do you see the water on your own site?
Does that show up only if the picture is lifted?

ritchiem
02-04-2005, 08:36 AM
The watermarks are there 24/7

ksland
02-04-2005, 08:40 AM
I use them

http://www.kandslandscape.com

ritchiem
02-04-2005, 08:48 AM
They are a great way to deter people from stealing thats for sure.

GreenMonster
02-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Richard,

What is the technique you are using for watermarking?

Jason Rose
02-04-2005, 09:47 PM
My photo editing software that came with my digital camera allows me to put text anywhere on the picture. I put "picture property of jason rose" on all pics that I am using on e-bay to sell items. I had an incident where I was selling a 4 wheeler and had another guy steal my pics and listed them as his own the next day, thus competing with me for bids and stealing ppl from me with his scam ad.

Ok, I assume it is best to put your "watermark" in a spot on the picture that would be hard to erase with an editing program right? like in a place where there is a multi colored background as opposed to putting it over one solid color where it could be blended out. I haven't used my new "copyrighted" pics yet, but i hope it works.

ritchiem
02-07-2005, 11:53 PM
It is crazy the amout of theft when it comes to pictures.

I just use a simple watermarking program called Rea Watermarking, cost about $90.00 (business licence) it is great! I can watermark all of your pics at once, takes about 1 min to do 50 pics. You can change the watermark to whatever style, font etc...

tonygreek
02-08-2005, 12:05 AM
and for those of you that don't have the need to batch-process watermarks, just open your pics in your favorite graphics program and add a semi-transparent (read: faded) text overlay or your logo to the pic.

actually come to think of it, many of the programs allow for batch-running that process, so you could do it that way as well.