PDA

View Full Version : Results finally in

lqmustang
01-31-2005, 05:06 PM
Wanted to say a quick thank you to those that gave me insight and such for the pesticide exams here in Ohio. I finally got my results today, and passed with a 94% score on both core and turfgrass. If some of the questions they asked weren't so vague, I'm sure that could have been a little better yet.

What really surprised me is how low a score one can get and still pass the tests! For the core, you only needed 63 out of 90, and the turfgrass only 33 out of 50? I would think if they are going to require tests and licenses that you should at least need an 85% or better to pass. 66%-70% is darn near failing in many schools. You can almost guess your way to those minimum passing scores. At least I can come away with this knowing that I spent the time learning the study materials and have a good basic knowledge of what I am doing, and can now offer my customers a more complete lawncare package.

MacLawnCo
01-31-2005, 06:51 PM
congrats. dont forget to keep up with your continuing classes now.

jpmako
01-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Wanted to say a quick thank you to those that gave me insight and such for the pesticide exams here in Ohio. I finally got my results today, and passed with a 94% score on both core and turfgrass. If some of the questions they asked weren't so vague, I'm sure that could have been a little better yet.

What really surprised me is how low a score one can get and still pass the tests! For the core, you only needed 63 out of 90, and the turfgrass only 33 out of 50? I would think if they are going to require tests and licenses that you should at least need an 85% or better to pass. 66%-70% is darn near failing in many schools. You can almost guess your way to those minimum passing scores. At least I can come away with this knowing that I spent the time learning the study materials and have a good basic knowledge of what I am doing, and can now offer my customers a more complete lawncare package.

How hard did you find the test?
I am taking the classes starting tomorrow, and would like to hear any tips that anybody would be willing to share.

Thanks,
Jason