PDA

View Full Version : Pesticide Laws and Regulations help please =)

tjgray
01-31-2005, 05:29 PM
Good Day All,

I am hoping someone can help us out with this one :)

We are right in the middle of taking our CEU's and would be finished days ago except for two questions that have us stumped. We have read through our Texas Department of Agriculture Pesticide Laws and Regulations book and I have even done some searching on the TDA website with no luck. Maybe we are just missing it but *sighs* after wasting days without finding the answer I thought I would ask for help......

Can anyone tell me:

1. Which Federal law regulates the registration shipment and use of pesticides?

2. Which Federal law regulates Pesticide Recordkeeping?

I know that this is something that we should know and I really feel frustrated that the answer continues to elude us......

Any help is surely appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

dwc
01-31-2005, 05:56 PM
FIFRA
The Federal Insecticide, Fugicide, and Rodenticide Act

nitrotim
01-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Good Day All,

I am hoping someone can help us out with this one :)

We are right in the middle of taking our CEU's and would be finished days ago except for two questions that have us stumped. We have read through our Texas Department of Agriculture Pesticide Laws and Regulations book and I have even done some searching on the TDA website with no luck. Maybe we are just missing it but *sighs* after wasting days without finding the answer I thought I would ask for help......

Can anyone tell me:

1. Which Federal law regulates the registration shipment and use of pesticides?

2. Which Federal law regulates Pesticide Recordkeeping?

I know that this is something that we should know and I really feel frustrated that the answer continues to elude us......

Any help is surely appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

I believe #2 is OSHA

dwc
01-31-2005, 09:23 PM
http://www.epa.gov/region5/defs/html/fifra.htm

you can go here to read and click on the Full Text link and look at Subchapter II
The Titles in Subchapter II are what you are looking for I think.

tjgray
02-01-2005, 02:40 AM
I don't feel so bad about not knowing this info. any longer :cool2:

I checked out the link you provided dwc and thank you for your help :) Although the wording is a little different I think this is the answer to both questions. I am just not sure though still how to write it??? I meen would two questions in a row that are different from each other both be answered

"FIFRA
The Federal Insecticide, Fugicide, and Rodenticide Act"

and do I include:

§ 136q. Storage, disposal, transportation, and recall
and......
§ 136i-1. Pesticide recordkeeping

in my answer???

I am thinking that we should but I just don't know......which has got me to also thinking since it is only two questions about how many we can miss :rolleyes:

I do think that EPA is the federal agency that regulates the two BUT the question is which law so although I am appreciative of your response nitro, I don't think OSHA is the answer that we are looking for.

dwc
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
That is a good question. I do know that they can be really tricky on those questions and maybe they are trying to stump everyone? I would think that it is FIFRA because that is all they can talk about when I went to my last CEU class and how that FIFRA is what gives the guidelines for the states.

Maybe someone else has some input on here?

tjgray
02-08-2005, 04:00 PM
We got our test back and all and all it was a pretty easy process taking our CEU's this year *next year will take some extra effort as I understand we can only do home study once every two years*

Anyways I just wanted to post that using the above answers other than the 1990 Farm Bill that was added after question one were correct and we passed just fine.

Now it's off to renew our insurance and lisence and if it wasn't for the thought of warm spring weather that is just around the corner I would just be totally depressed.

Happy Mardi Gras!
Hope everyones day goes well :)

dwc
02-08-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm glad to hear it was right! :-)