PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

RedWingsDet
01-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Is $3845 for a 8.5x20 Enclosed Haulin Trailer with a heavy duty ramp door, 2 lights, switch, stone guard, 2 rear racks, 3/4" plywood floor, a good deal?

I need a new trailer, im looking for an enclosed, and that is the best price I've found so far.

mrusk
01-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Don't buy a enclosed trailer by price. Buy it by quality. I will bet you 100 bucks your'll wear that trailer out in no time with everyday use. That trailer might be ok for someone who tows 3 4 wheelers 10 times a year, but not for a landscaper.

Matt

wroughtn_harv
01-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Don't buy a enclosed trailer by price. Buy it by quality. I will bet you 100 bucks your'll wear that trailer out in no time with everyday use. That trailer might be ok for someone who tows 3 4 wheelers 10 times a year, but not for a landscaper.

Matt

I second that. When they go cheap on a trailer it's in the construction. The materials are basically the same for everyone. So to cut the cost of production it has to come from the labor.

I'd want to talk to someone who had a such a trailer and had used it like I was planning on doing. You don't always get what you pay for. You can pay too much. But going cheap on such a critical piece of equipment can cost you twice in the long run.

AlbeLawn
02-01-2005, 03:02 AM
i agree, I would look into a Pace American Summit landscaper model. They are made to last. I got a 2004 8x18. The summit model is loaded with all the thingsa landscaper or lawn service needs. Teh onlt thing i changed was the axles. i got 5000# axles with torc flex axles(4 wheel independant supension). The standard was 3500# axles but the trailer dry weight was 3000#. I got it new ordered from factory for $5800 delivered. It seems like alot but there is virtually no wear on it for thr first year and i will never go back to a open trailer. Hope this helps.

Jim Albenesius
Albenesius Lawn Service