PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer HP 48" , 52", Lazer 52", or Lazer 60". Which for residentials?

KB
01-30-2001, 06:09 PM
Which would you buy to cut residentials? The Exmark Lazer HP 48", 52", Lazer 52", or Lazer 60". I cannot decide and there is only $650 difference between them all. Lawns are no bigger than 1 acre.

mdb landscaping
01-30-2001, 06:17 PM
i too was in your situation a couple of weeks ago. i decided to go with a 60 inch lazer z. if you have a walk behind, then you might as well get the 60 inch lazer, because you can use the walk behind anywhere the rider doesnt fit. 52 inches is only 4 inches more than a 48 inch walk behind. i say go with the 60 inch.

65hoss
01-30-2001, 07:50 PM
This question is very similar to your other post. It is only 4", but the speed is night and day different. I went from a 48" wb to the 52". There is no comparison. But only you know if a 60" will be ok for your properties. The 60" would be a little harder on some of mine, but I could still use it. It just wouldn't speed me up any. By the way, something I just thought of. If you use the ultra vac, it will just fit on the trailer with it still mounted. If you add the extra inches to the mower (60") it will not go on straight on the trailer. You would probably need to take it off everytime you go to load. Its not hard to take off and on, but it would get old real quick.

mwallingford
01-30-2001, 10:39 PM
I have a 48" Lazer and I love it. I use it to mow properties that are 30-40,000 sq. ft. I also use it to mow a football field and the outfield of a baseball field. I'm satisfied with it, but sometimes it's hard to get it away from my wife (she uses it of our property). The next one I buy will probably be a 60" Lazer.

bob
01-30-2001, 10:41 PM
Get the 60". If you get the 48" you'll be thinking "I could be cutting another foot right now".

TJLC
01-31-2001, 08:45 AM
I have both, 36" and 48" Exmark hydro w/b's. They work great on my res. accounts,especially in tight spots. That's not to say a ztr wouldn't work well also. I don't own one so I can't give any opinions on that. What I have heard is that the bigger the deck, the more chance of scalping. The ztr owners here woud be much better at answering this than I would. This is just my opnion on w/b's.