PDA

View Full Version : Here's how I got my feet wet.

txcamper
02-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Just started last Oct with a friend's 6 month old house. They both hated the builders landscape package and asked if I would take it all out and totally redo the beds and help with the new beds around the pool. We are still working on the pool. Owner wants a "screen" around the pool so we are going to put 40-50 x 5gallon photinias all around the outside of the pool fence. Figure last years plants will be here this month at HD Landscape.

Check out these pics:

http://community.webshots.com/user/txcamper04

Love this site! A lot of info here.
Robert
HYATT LAWN CARE AND LANDSCAPE

ToroMaster
02-08-2005, 11:22 PM
That edging looks like it will get chewed up by mowers in no time. Why is there two colors of wood chips? Use mulch

ElephantNest
02-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Looks like mulch to me, and one colored, at that. The other color is dirt, I believe......before the mulch.

Looks great Tex, keep up the good work.

( camper here too , '99 26F Terry )

txcamper
02-15-2005, 03:46 PM
I only use the cypress mulch, none of the bark mulch. Like the color and it won't float. Some of the pics were taken before the mulch was put down so you can see the bedding mix we used.

Thanks for the comments.

Mowingman
02-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Looks nice, but cancel the Photinias. There is a disease that is killing them all over North Texas for the last 8 or 10 years. They will not live long enough to reach full height. Go with some other tall shrub, like one of the tall varieties of Holly.

txcamper
02-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Looks nice, but cancel the Photinias. There is a disease that is killing them all over North Texas for the last 8 or 10 years. They will not live long enough to reach full height. Go with some other tall shrub, like one of the tall varieties of Holly.

You must be talking about the black fungus they seem to get here. The ones at my house got this fungus and all I did was spray fungicide over the whole shrub, especially under the leaves where the fungus starts, and after two applications it was gone.
The reason for the photinias is the red color as a background to the darker green leaves of the Indian Hawthorn & Burford Hollys. Any suggestions other than the hollys?

snap12.5
02-16-2005, 12:59 AM
whats up with the edging??? was it a request by the homeowner?

txcamper
02-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Gave the homeowner options (i.e. stone, steel, rock...) and he wanted the steel edging. You have something against using steel edging?