PDA

View Full Version : Kubota engine struggles

LawnsRUsInc.
02-01-2005, 12:30 AM
I have been trying to find the answer to my bobcat 743 problem. The issue is that the engine bogs down when it is under load.(ex steer bars all the way forward, driving while operating the bucket. This pretty much started after i put a new sediment bowl and filter in, new glow plugs, and new glow plug relay.

Please help distressed young man!
Thanks Jason

TerraFirma Excavating
02-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Sounds like your problem started when you changed the fuel filter. Did you bleed the system before starting? On my 773 there are 2 locations to bleed the system before starting while priming with the fuel bulb. I wonder if one of the fuel lines to a cylinder still may have some air in it. Might be getting enough fuel to 3 cylinders to run but without power. You may have to bled the fuel lines at each cylinder to get all the air out.

xcopterdoc
02-01-2005, 08:18 PM
I'd double check the micron rating of the fuel filter to make sure its not too small and starving it for fuel. Some after market filters look and fit the same but are not the right micron. Double check all the steps you took when you did the filter swap. If that checks out and all the air is out, make sure it isnt sucking any air around the filter stem bolt. Make sure you have all the o rings in there. Ok, then if all that checks out, I'd adjust the valves and have the injectors pop tested to check for a clogged or worn tip.

LawnsRUsInc.
02-02-2005, 02:11 PM
I think it might be the injectors are clogged or warn, The previous owner would shoot some ether in it when it was cold so that might of damaged the injectors?

Jason Thanks again the 2 of you i will try your ideas today

TAF
02-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Drain your fuel tank and refill with fresh fuel. I had this exact same problem with my Mitsubishi tractor. I changed all filters, etc no luck. As it I knew it had alot of hours on it, I rebuilt the head and honed and reringed the cylinders, still same problem. Then a frend suggested it may be the fuel. Sure enough it was the fuel all along. At least its a easy to eliminate the fuel as being an issue. Easier then the hassles and $$ I went through to find the problem.