PDA

View Full Version : Finally some Exmark news!!!!

TMlawncare
02-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Ok, for some of you that don't know I have been trying to get info on Exmarks new sulky for months and months. We've been trying to get them to build it for over three years. Guess what, its coming out in around a month. The good news its very heavy built with no chains to hold it up when not being used. It has bearing that never need replacing. Uses a no-flat tire. Bad news, they mad a single wheeled unit. We all wanted a toro tru-trac clone they gave us a fancy single wheeled velky. Also, Exmarks 26" mower, doesn't look like the 21" at all. Motor sit back and its belt driven. Very heavy built, think Billy Goats contour mower on steroids. This unit is coming out in a couple weeks also. A lot of new stuff coming from Exmark, I guess we will know shortly if we like it.

KathysLGC
02-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Oh great and after I already drilled holes for my single wheel Velke..... LoL Any guess on the price? i say $300-$350 for the Velke.

Fareway Lawncare
02-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Did you See a Pic of the 26"?

According to my Dealer it uses a Recycler Deck...Sort of a Cross between the 21" & 32"Single Blade Recycler Decks & the front wheels are inset to the deck..Not Casters...

Jeff@SGLC.ca
02-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Ok, lets see pics lol. I know I want at least one 26" this year to go along with a TTHP for my new purchases. Does the 26" run the larger real wheels?

brucec32
02-01-2005, 11:51 PM
One thing I don't think Exmark needed to waste development money on was yet another one-wheel Sulky. The Velke seems pretty hard to beat, though I guess it may somehow do something better.

If the 26" gets too heavy and big, it starts to lose a lot of its appeal vs a 21. The gains in productivity due to the width may be lost if turning around and jockeying slows down. You can ride a velke behind a 32", but not that 26". A budget brand 32" starts to get real close in price to it too.

ScCo
02-02-2005, 12:21 AM
I spoke with the exmark rep. for my area about the sulky last week. He seemed to think that it will be quite popular for the walk behind guys for several different reasons. It'll be interesting to see I suppose...

PaulJ
02-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Why would they do a single wheel sulky??? I thought exmark read lawn site. Though some on here do like the single wheeled ones The majority of posts about sulkies I've read have been in favor of two wheels. Better ride and wheight distributioln.

A good 26" mower would be a beefed up 21" not a scaled down 32" with a wimpy engine. 6.5hp is what murry and craftman puts on 21" . A 26" should have 8-10hp and castor in the front as an option.

Sounds like exmark is too little to late again.

Turf Dancer
02-03-2005, 05:24 AM
I started another thread about the 26" Exmark about a week ago. I talked to one of my dealers the other day and he said he had a prototype in his store to look at and he gave me the following specs.

Wider Tires, Honda style bagger (not like the 21 Exmark bagger), same 6hp Kawi as the 21, 5" longer and it weighs around 145lbs. He will have them the first week of April.

b727guru
02-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I saw the one-wheel sulky at Pro Day yesterday. I wanted to buy it but they were asking $379.99 (Pro Day price).

I think it's $400 retail.