PDA

View Full Version : same color truck fleet

atproperty
02-01-2005, 01:06 PM
What do you all think about this? My company Elite Property Maintenance LLC will have a fleet of 4 trucks for now. Some of you may know that by way of other threads. Anyhow my partner would like his truck to be forest green. Originally we spoke about all 4 trucks being red. One of our trucks(1985 3500 rack dump w/ 32,000 miles) is already red. How important do you all feel it is to have same color trucks for image? All trucks will have our name & logo. Does the color matter? I honestly want my business partner to have what he likes because we both work hard but do not want to make a mistake against our image.

Jeff@SGLC.ca
02-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Partners.....see the issues you run into lol. I like all the trucks to be the same colour...looks like you intended it to be that way instead of just buying whatever colour came your way.

I had the same thoughts as I wanted a specific colour for my truck. Ways around it would be using two tones on the work trucks that match up with the solid colour of the other....add the same logo's striping and what not and then they look ok.

I think when the trucks are all different colours, the brand recognition is lost because it looks like a different company each time....

A good example is up here in the Toronto area...the large taxi cab companies have colour specific cars, a fleet of 400 taxi cabs all Green and Orange and so forth. You know without even seeing the name what company it is.

Breyerconstruct
02-01-2005, 01:22 PM
we've gone all one color. It's a color we use on our trucks, and our marketing material. We're trying to build brand recognition.

~Matt

JB1
02-01-2005, 01:31 PM
We have all one color and I think they look better, heres a pic after a cleanup day.

kdbrown
02-01-2005, 01:53 PM
they are all right they should be all uionform that way the land owners know its the same company . if they cant see the writing on the side

kdb
lawn master

Jeff@SGLC.ca
02-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Then add graphics or accent colours on the hood, roof and such. I debated going white but man oh man...I don't know if I would drive a white truck personally which mine is used for work and play.

The 3500 I have on order is Sand Beige...now I have to decide if I want to keep my second truck (I only run 2 trucks) will be repainted the same (it's currently red) or white with beige accents or beige. Both will have the same graphics.

Jeff@SGLC.ca
02-01-2005, 01:57 PM
We have all one color and I think they look better, heres a pic after a cleanup day.

The only bad thing with your fleet is they are all FORDS :waving:

Just playin wit ya.

Toy2
02-01-2005, 02:00 PM
One color makes it appear you have your act together, very professional. Remember image is everything!

White looks the best and stays cleaner longer.

Yes I have a white Toy! :)

PMLAWN
02-01-2005, 02:11 PM
The truck is a tool for work. It is also an advertising tool. All business decisions should be based on what is good for the business and not whats good for personal preference.
Truck matches other trucks, trailers, shirts, cards, invoices, ads, stationary.
Every dollar you spend must be spent to build the business and the brand.

rodfather
02-01-2005, 02:33 PM
People tell me they recognize all our red Fords...and I have a red enclosed trailer on the way too so they match.

cgland
02-01-2005, 03:28 PM
here are ours. Since this pic we added another 2500hd and a GMC 4500 dump....all white w/ black dump bodies.

Chris

GrassBustersLawn
02-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I've got 2 RED (the ONLY color a PU should be!) Fords. I have the signed up the same way too. I think it makes a big IMPRESSION & a BIG DIFFERENCE to have them identical. I've had comments from customers that the "see you guys all over town". Well we ONLY have 2 trucks, but it is nice to be thought of as a "bigger" operation.

BRANDING & NAME RECOGNITION. I do believe that it makes a difference and you start falling into bigger and better opportunities.

Mike

PMLAWN
02-01-2005, 04:25 PM
BRANDING & NAME RECOGNITION. I do believe that it makes a difference and you start falling into bigger and better opportunities.

Mike

Well said!

Lux Lawn
02-01-2005, 04:34 PM
I think its nice to have all the same color trucks I have two white and wanted to stick with it then along came a blue truck.O-Well what are you going to do.

Pecker
02-01-2005, 04:59 PM
As others have said, its all about "Name Recognition". Having your trucks look as alike as they possibly can goes into this effort. If people keep seeing the same truck (or trucks that are obviously part of the same organization), they are more likely to remember it. When people think of lawn service, you want them to remember your truck. That's what its all about. And if all your trucks are a different color (even with the same name on them), you might as well have that many different lawn companies.

In essence, you'd be better off with a fleet of trucks that are the same color.

N.H.BOY
02-01-2005, 05:13 PM
My two rigs are black and grey(two tone). I think if I had to choose again black will not be my color. Looks good when clean, but when it gets dirty, man-o-man it looks like crap.No pics yet.I like the white ford fleet.

atproperty
02-01-2005, 07:20 PM
this site is a great help. My partner and I spoke after reading your replies. We would be crazy to go against 15 replies in a row for the same color trucks. Points were well made.

HOOLIE
02-01-2005, 07:30 PM
I'd go with one color. What I would be interested in is knowing if one color is better than another. I read somewhere once that UPS went with brown because brown evokes feelings of trust and security from people. Different colors can create different moods for the observer. I know I've heard that red vehicles are more likely to be pulled over by the cops than any other color.