PDA

View Full Version : Need studying tips, Ohio License

FLC
02-01-2005, 01:31 PM
I have just received my study material to prepare me to take Ohio's commercial applicators exam. The 3 fields I will be tested in is core, turf, and ornamentals. Other than looking over the material, what is the best way to study for this exam. There is a new applicator training day March 17 in Reynoldsburg that I am thinking about attending. If anyone has any feedback on how well the classes prepared you, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

JB1
02-01-2005, 01:41 PM
If it is anything like Indiana's I paid the 100 bucks and went to there study day and then took the test afterward, it made it easier as they were teaching you what was on the test.

Harvestman
02-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Core,Core,Core Study the core. A lot of questions on safety and Formulations. The turf part and ornamental parts are pretty easy if you have been in the business awhile. Read the questions slow they are multiple guess.Good Luck

hole in one lco
02-02-2005, 08:00 PM
study on how to read the labels .......................
Its not a hard test by any means read the questions twice

I studied for 3 days for a total of 20 min a section

lawnguy2003
02-04-2005, 07:29 PM
where could i get the information on the training in Renynoldsburg for march 17.

FLC
02-05-2005, 08:32 PM
lawnguy2003, the new applicator training class in Reynoldsburg March 17 is offered through the OSU extension office. For information call (614)-292-4070 or use their website http://pested.osu.edu The class is broken up into 2 studying sessions. The core is offered in the morning, and either turf or ornamentals, whichever you pick, is offered in the afternoon. The cost is $25.00 per session, so if you attend both morning and afternoon classes, it would be $50.00 for the day. Testing to receive an applicators license is offered after the training session. I called last week and the woman i talked to is sending me an application to fill out and send back in order to attend the training sessions. So from now until March 17, I plan on reading and reviewing my study packet, so hopefully by March 17, if there are any loose ends or things I might not understand, I can get cleared up on that day and be ready to take the exam.

lawnguy2003
02-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Flc, Thank You For The Information I Greatly Need To Get My Applicators License .

lordohturf
02-07-2005, 04:14 PM
This Thursday at the N. KY convention center in Covington, Ky. ( just across the river from Cincinnati ) there will be training in the morning on much of the material on the test. The test will be given in the afternoon. Cost is about $65 includes lunch.

Don't expect to pass without some study on your part. Have a decent understanding of the definitions, FIFRA in core and general understanding
of the weeds, insects, controls, etc. The test is probably about 50% common sense. The rest is on you!

Call your OSU extension for details. The program is called the Tri
State GIE.