PDA

View Full Version : spring/fall

Toy2
02-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Okay folks, what exactly is done during these spring and fall cleanups? Thanks :)

lawnguyland
02-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Okay folks, what exactly is done during these spring and fall cleanups? Thanks :)

No offense to you personally at all, this applies to this type of question in general....

That's like starting a plumbing company and going on a website and saying 'ok guys, how do you install a new toilet and fix leaking pipes?'
If you don't know the answer to these questions you should not be starting a business on your own.

Maybe you're asking a different question, but it's the same deal. Maybe you simply want to compare what each co. offers or includes in the service, so I'm doing some assuming here.
Like I said, nothing personal at all, I just don't get how people think they can start a landscaping business with little to no knowledge of the work or what's involved. Blows my mind.

Either work for someone else for a while or take classes first. Then you'll have a much better idea and hopefully you'll succeed before you start on the wrong foot.

No wonder soooooo many startup lcos fail miserably. Crash and burn, crach and burn. I do not wish that for you so learn, learn, learn then you'll do fine I hope, unless of course you are my direct competition!

Toy2
02-01-2005, 05:42 PM
I want to know what each company does or doesn't offer. I know it varies from place to place, so yes I'm just gaining knowledge.
No offense taken. :)

lawncare4u
02-01-2005, 06:33 PM
From what I'V read it consist of winter,leaves fallen limbs etc.,,,,,spring,just tidy up what may have remained in the yard (or fallen) since the fall clean up :waving:

lawnguyland
02-01-2005, 08:00 PM
alrighty then, what I do is:

dethatch all turf
clean out all leaves, twigs, etc.
mow, edge, do the beds
pH and/or complete soil test(extra$)
lime
fertilize
seed/peat
pre-m/tupersan where seeded

stumper1620
02-01-2005, 08:17 PM
alrighty then, what I do is:

dethatch all turf
clean out all leaves, twigs, etc.
mow, edge, do the beds
pH and/or complete soil test(extra$)
lime
fertilize
seed/peat
pre-m/tupersan where seeded
wow lawnguy,
Thats a very complete spring clean up, I could try for all that and end up with maybe half, even as a spring special pricing for the whole boat half the people around here would choke on the cost. But you give me hope, I will continue the Quest and maybe someday I'll have customers that are willing to go all out. in the meantime Ill accept the add on type way I've been doing it. Mainly around here spring cleanup consist of cleaning out the beds, remove remaining leaves, mow, trim, edge & blow & an occassional dethatching :D

lawnguyland
02-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I've been at it a long time and only take full service customers. I think that's a routine SPCU around here. Some may invoice a few items separately, but it all comes out relatively the same. Avg SPCU for me is ballpark of +/- $225 for a lot size(incl house, drive, etc) of 60 to 80 by 100 ft. Other guys would charge 125 for the clean up and then 100 for the different apps, seed so it comes out the same. That doesn't include $45 for soil test if requested. No spcu, no service.