PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chopper and Mulching

joe7588
02-01-2005, 06:01 PM
I was at the New England Grows landscape show and looking at the dixie chopper. The dealer was saying how you can do 100% mulching, no bagging.
Now I know other parts of the country this may work, but I doubt this will work new england. Mostly because of the wet spring and the type of grass
we have. Anybody in the area able to let me know if this is feasible or just a sale pitch.

Soupy
02-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Unless Dixie Copper changed their decks then it can not mulch. I owned one and their idea of mulching is closing the OCDC. This will leave windrows of grass/leaves. They do cut great, but it doesn't even compare to a full baffled mulch kit/deck.

joe7588
02-01-2005, 06:33 PM
I also spoke with the grasshopper dealer they have the baffle kit, what's the trick to making it work

Travis Followell
02-02-2005, 05:51 AM
Dixie Chopper has a little thing called a magic mulcher. Its in their mower catalog but I don't know where the thing goes. Its not an OCDC, its kindah a strange looking thing with a short chain off of each end. That little thing is supposed to make the machine mulch.

HOMER
02-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Dixie Chopper has a little thing called a magic mulcher. Its in their mower catalog but I don't know where the thing goes. Its not an OCDC, its kindah a strange looking thing with a short chain off of each end. That little thing is supposed to make the machine mulch.

As compared to a Lazer that I demo'd last year? Choppers don't hold a candle to em.

The magic mulcher is a seperate item that bolts on to the blade. You have one for each blade (3) and the chains are supposed to assist in the mulching process and also keep wet grass from sticking to the top of the deck. Doesn't really make much of a difference.

They do cut very well.......stripe very well, and hold up well. Mulching isn't one of their strong suits!