PDA

View Full Version : Chamber of Commerce, does it get any jobs for you?

cleancutccl
02-01-2005, 06:29 PM
The thread says it all, has joining your local chamber of commerce gotten you any new business? I just got a quote on joining, $360.00. Just wondering if it is worth it or hold onto the money for a rainy day. Really one new customer would more than pay for it, but that also buys me a new spreader which I also need.

lawncare4u
02-01-2005, 06:55 PM
The thread says it all, has joining your local chamber of commerce gotten you any new business? I just got a quote on joining, $360.00. Just wondering if it is worth it or hold onto the money for a rainy day. Really one new customer would more than pay for it, but that also buys me a new spreader which I also need.

:cool2: BUY THE SPREADER :cool2:

stumper1620
02-01-2005, 07:00 PM
I have debated this one for 3 years now, they keep sending and i keep thinking, then i always end up round filing it.
The one thing I wonder is would it help for comercial properties that may also be members? that the only reason I think about it.

Toy2
02-01-2005, 07:53 PM
It might be worth the cost, around here all members are allowed to put items that relate to their business into goodie bags, fridge magnets, pens, etc... the goodie bags are given as a welcome baggie to newcomers that have moved here. :)

hortboy
02-01-2005, 07:53 PM
I joined our chamber of commerce and it was nothing more than a social club. Guys and gals standing around and b.s.ing. I also thought it would a good avenue for health insurance and turns out i could do better elsewhere. Just my two cents. Also they charged an arm and a leg for advertising in there monthly publication.

cleancutccl
02-01-2005, 09:52 PM
alright new spreader it is, thanks everyone for clearing that up. For advertising i'm just going to put an ad in our church newsletter, its a huge church, and it only costs 539.00 a year for 1/2 bus. card space.

Randy Scott
02-01-2005, 10:09 PM
alright new spreader it is, thanks everyone for clearing that up. For advertising i'm just going to put an ad in our church newsletter, its a huge church, and it only costs 539.00 a year for 1/2 bus. card space.

Yeah, good luck with that. My experience is it's a close race between who is cheaper, parish members or apartment complexes.

I'm checking into our chamber now. I e-mailed them and now need to set up a time to here what they are about. If anything, it's just another way of networking. In our communities, I have sent all chamber members mailings. Their info is on the chamber websites and I just sent them letters about us. No feedback yet, but you never know what it will turn into. Only takes one customer to be worth the time and money spent. It's also a little ways away from our season.

olderthandirt
02-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Try linking to there web site, its free and almost as good, which means its not great, but then again its FREE

Mac