PDA

View Full Version : Alright I need your opinion on something!

Craftybigdog
02-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Im looking at skidsteers and Im down to a john deere 325 or a bobcat S300 what are your guys opions on these! Thanks, also did you find that you use a skidsteer alot in your lawn business? I would be using it now for snow removal but I was wondering if you guys use them alot in lawncare. Thanks

rodzilla94
02-01-2005, 08:37 PM
have you looked at case if you haven't i would recommend one if you have a dealer close look at the 70xt's i work construction for 15 years I've try ed them all still like the case in my opinion Strong as he!! and they are turbo charged they will eat up bobcats.......the john-deer is good but a Little big in size. oh my company has 15 case skid-steers so that should tell you something...just my 2 1/2 cents worth :)

olderthandirt
02-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Look at Cats, great machines

Mac

atproperty
02-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Does the skidsteer you are talking about have an internet site. I was looking at Bobcats thinking nothing could beat them. I am still not sure what kind you are talking about.

jgtxusa
02-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I am a CAT man, but in the Skid steers stick with Bobcat in my opinion. Much better machine for me.

Randy Scott
02-01-2005, 09:58 PM
We have an S250. Good machine. Extremely nice cabs, operator friendly. Cycle times are a bit slow if you ask me (meaning the up and down of the boom and bucket action). This is critical when really pounding out the work. I find myself waiting for the machine to catch up to me.

Every machine out there is going to have some sort of drawback to it. Unfortunately there is no perfect machine. If someone tells you there is, their full of it.

As for Deere, do a search. I have nothing good to say about them at all.

Everyone will have their opinion. You'll just have to demo a few and even that doesn't give you the ability to put it through everything you will encounter. Also, if this is your first machine, you really have nothing to base your decision on. You will realize this down the road if you ever get a different machine. Things like quick-tach are huge time-savers that might not seem worthwhile at first. Two speed is a must. High flow is great for some attachments for increased production. Ease of maintenance some machines have over others. Bobcat is great for the basic maintenance work that you would perform at home or the shop. Our next machine will have A/C. Closed cabs are a no brainer for snow work. I would get any safety flasher lights and/or strobes installed from the factory. Much cheaper than having it done after wards.

The biggest thing is sticking to your budget. It's hard to do because when you spec a machine, you can keep adding these little $200 upgrades that are well worth it, but then all of a sudden your machine is 8K or 10K more. After having bought two machines, our third will have every option available. Seems like when you get what you think you'll need, you always wish you had more.

When it's all said and done, I'd rather have spent the 50K we spent on mowing equipment on another skid-steer. Definitely more profitable area of business. Although one feeds the other and works together for business so I guess the point is moot.