PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use temp agencys for hiring employees?

j fisher
02-01-2005, 08:54 PM
I've been considering this. Let the agency screen applicants, deal with the employment taxes, etc. If they don't work out, you can let them go without having to give a reason. (temporary employment) . Don't have to worry about unemployment claims if you let them go in the off season. Anybody tried this?

rodzilla94
02-01-2005, 09:26 PM
yes i use them in my full time job i work construction and i hire temps some times....my honest opinion is they are not fast workers at all. See i have a fast work pace and if you do to they will not work out. if you don't now how temp services work they charge you 10 to 12 an hour for them they pay them 6.50 to 8.00 a hour. we call temp services rent a drunk services...... you will go through alot of them to find one good one ;)

j fisher
02-01-2005, 09:35 PM
we call temp services rent a drunk services...... you will go through alot of them to find one good one ;)

I figured that. But the same can be said for hiring off the street. I've got the word out now with other LCO friends trying to find someone from proven. Had a good one last year, but if he wanted a day off he just took it. Also had a driving record that prevented me from getting him covered to drive my trucks.

rodzilla94
02-01-2005, 09:47 PM
yes i know what you mean my man i cant find people to work...... you see the problem with temp you don't know from the beginning what or WHO you are getting from temps at least if you hire them yourself you can somewhat get a feeling who you are hiring besides where I'm from here in TN. the temp service wants to ask a blue million questions why you don't like that or those people you got from them. i don't and i bet you don't neither have the time to answer there questions ether way.......we cant find good help :D

olderthandirt
02-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Tried it and it won't work. They can send out anyone they want and your sort of stuck for a short time, till they send a replacement and that not might even be the same day.I had a girl sent that was supppose to be able to do manual labor, lift 75pds etc. Well she could not do anything and all I could do was let her try for an hr and then tell her she would not work out. Called the temp agency and they said she filled out the questionere stating that she could do all the above mentioned. I asked for someone else and they could not find anyone becouse of the time of day, remember I lost a couple hrs that morning trying the girl out. Never again, at least when you hire them you can look at them before they show up and have to be payed even if its only for an hr.

Mac

j fisher
02-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Here's what really sucks. I have a brother that would be the perfect guy, and he's out of work. He has worked for golf courses both on turf and as an equipment mechanic. He knows more about chemicals and fertilizers than I do. He's also a real go getter. Problem is, his driving record. He has a Breathalyzer in his car he has to blow before he can start it. Got another brother out of work and also looking, but dos'nt have a license at all. I have used both of them from time to time, and the two of them would make an excellent crew together. I told the one that has the limited license that if he would get rid of his "car', and buy a truck, I would hire them and pay him a truck allowance. So far, he still has the "car".

lawnchopper
02-02-2005, 02:02 AM
My company has used them the one we gone through is kind of like a day labor place and the sevice payed them at the end of the day These people are the WORST!!!. They cant follow directions and are thieves. Most of these people are low lives with no self confidence hence thats why they are with a temp service.