PDA

View Full Version : stop the soap opera

atproperty
02-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I count on this forum for some decisions that I am going to take into consideration and possibly change my business for the better or prevent mistakes and chare common interest.

I am a very non political individual and dislike drama. It sounds simple but "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all".

I have read threads that I thought were silly but kept it to myself and moved on. Some folks seem to take there personal issues and carry it over to lawn site to make some poor soul feel like an idiot when he/she might not deserve it.

You would think by this thread that I have had a problem. I actually have had none. I am just tired of reading bickering when I am trying to learn more about my business and trade. I was hoping this thread might help the problem. Who knows, it will probably cause my first hassle. If it does I can guarantee you will not get a response back. My time is too valuable.

Its okay to kid around and joke but lets stop the girly ***** sessions.

Notice I mentioned noone. Thats the way it should be. Lets keep it professional. Yes I know I just caused a thread about non landscaping material. It will not happen again.

Carolina Cutter
02-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Exactly.........

DennisF
02-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Actually, you can learn a lot here by observing the comments of disgruntled individuals and those that think their way is the only way. You have to be able to sort out the rhetoric and sarcasm, from the legitimate and usable advice. But, you can learn what and what not to do in this business, just by reading some of the posts and replies. I find some of it hilariously entertaining at times.

tiedeman
02-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I have to agree with you Dennis

Norm Al
02-01-2005, 09:05 PM
your a crackhead arent you atproperty?:)

j fisher
02-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Not taking any sides here, but I found that the ones who start these threads are just opening themselves up for the very thing there complaining about. If I don't like the way a thread is headed, I just go on to the next one. Like I said, not taking sides here. Just my 2 cents.

olderthandirt
02-01-2005, 09:35 PM
I count on this forum for some decisions that I am going to take into consideration and possibly change my business for the better or prevent mistakes and chare common interest.

I am a very non political individual and dislike drama. It sounds simple but "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all".

If you can't stand a little arguing on a Internet forum how are you ever gonna handle a disgruntled customer???? It sounds simple but if you don't like the what your reading then DON'T read it!

Mac

fastlane
02-01-2005, 10:06 PM
If you can't stand a little arguing on a Internet forum how are you ever gonna handle a disgruntled customer???? It sounds simple but if you don't like the what your reading then DON'T read it!

Mac
That's the problem. You must read the bickering first. Then you know if you wasted your time!

bobbygedd
02-01-2005, 10:08 PM
that's right kid, what are you gonna do when a disgruntled client confronts you? tell him about high lift blades? ask him his opinion on a mulching kit? to bag or not to bag? door hangers or flyers? BORING.......

olderthandirt
02-01-2005, 10:12 PM
That's the problem. You must read the bickering first. Then you know if you wasted your time!
The bickering does not usually start till page 2 :D

Mac

smlavin
02-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Not taking any sides here, but I found that the ones who start these threads are just opening themselves up for the very thing there complaining about.

Good for you atproperty! You make a lot a sense.

Unfortunately:

Number 1: Good Sense
and
Number 2: Common Courtesy

are not requirements for lawnsite membership.

fisher is right. The guys that agree with atproperty aren't likely to say anything because that paints a big red target on their chest and the guys who love jumping on people come running with barrels blazing to a thread like this.

Isn't that right Bobby?

Of course, I just waisted 5 minutes listing a name and painting a big red target on my chest...which clearly proves that I fall under both categories! ;) ;) :D :D

bobbygedd
02-01-2005, 10:33 PM
now why do u need to bring my name into it?

DSIM
02-01-2005, 10:40 PM
that's right kid, what are you gonna do when a disgruntled client confronts you? tell him about high lift blades? ask him his opinion on a mulching kit? to bag or not to bag? door hangers or flyers? BORING.......

good one Bobby :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

AEW
02-01-2005, 11:46 PM
haha...crackhead...thats classic