PDA

View Full Version : which do you like

brinlee lawn
02-01-2005, 10:25 PM
I downloaded the free trial versions of groundskeeper pro and gopher today, Gopher seemed a little harder to navigate around, groundskeeper pro was a little easier to use. But it did seem that gopher had more to offer. I would appreciate any opinons you guys have.

brinlee lawn
02-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Come on guys I know you all use something. :)

MudslinginFX4
02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
I personallly use Groundskeeper, so I really can't speak for Gopher. When I was looking for a software I really didn't look around that much, and honestly if I was going to do it again I would probably do a little more research on all my different options. I like several things about GK but there are also things that I wish were different. Overall i guess I am happy, or at least happy enough to not change quite yet. I know a lot of people here use Gopher and there Customer Service is said to be AWESOME. Keep playing around with their trial versions and go from there. Good luck with whatever you decide.

brinlee lawn
02-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Do you have groundskeeper light or groundskeeper pro.

thill
02-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Brinle

We use GKP and love the flexibility. The two areas we use the most are scheduling and invoicing . Both are very easy to adapt to meet lots of variables. We really like those areas.

When we first started and had questions or wanted to tweak something, the email and or phone support was really strong. They even helped us set it up on a server to allow several work stations to access at the same time. I was very impressed with the support.

The down side is we have to do periodic journal entries into our accounting software. GPK does not interface to any accounting packages that we know of.

Our business is getting to the size that we will be forced to look at other options.

Hope this helps.

brinlee lawn
02-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah I like the fact that gopher imports to quick books. Does any body use c.l.i.p. it looks really nice but is kind of pricey

brinlee lawn
02-02-2005, 06:50 AM
More people have to have an opinion on this. Come on guys I really want to pick the right one.

KurtW
02-02-2005, 07:43 AM
I have been using Gopher for about 6 months. I fine it simple to use, fast and it was easy to set up. It has a low cost and I would not think of using anything else. I have 40 customers with no commerical accounts. The program is very flexable. Kurt

dobehap
02-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Happy with Gopher here.

procut
02-02-2005, 09:00 AM
I started usiing GroundsKeeper about 3 months ago. So far, I have only used it for invoicing a few snow removal accounts, but have been happy with it thus far.