PDA

View Full Version : parade ideas?

AintNoFun
02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
just curious if anyone of you guys have done anything special in any types of parades, not just driving your truck... driving mowers around, putting a band on a trailer, something different.. our local town just sent us something about the st. paddys day parade, its a real big event in our area, over 50,000 people... im just trying to come up with some ideas that would really grab some attention.... thanks

tonygreek
02-02-2005, 01:08 AM
someone just posted this idea recently. maybe they've put some thought into it. just search "parade" and you'll find the advertising idea thread.

DiscoveryLawn
02-02-2005, 08:48 AM
The church I used to go to built a huge Noah's Ark on an old flat bed trailer. I used to pull it with one of my trucks until they figured out the church van can pull it. This thing was cool. It carried 30+ people including a small choir, shot water, played very loud music, had stuffed animals all over it and people walking all around it. It one an award every year and made it on the news each time.

David

drsogr
02-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Why not do a little landscaping. Get a flat bed trailer, some sod, some flowers, and a park bench. You could throw out candy, while having someone mow the sod!?

JB1
02-02-2005, 11:20 PM
I always thought a weed eater drill team would be fun.

Groundcover Solutions
02-03-2005, 12:46 AM
I remeber seeing a company landscape a flat bed (like what was said above) they had sod, rocks, mulch, and so on. they pulled it with there company truck and had some employees with there uniformes pass out candy and flyers. One company even drove there lawn mowers down the parade rout.

twins_lawn_care
02-03-2005, 10:42 AM
We are planning on doing our town's Septemberfest parade this year. Basically we'll be driving our work truck, so people recognize it and the name, and passing out candy and some kinds of goodies. Maybe frisbees and stuff like that with our name on it for the kids, and then business cards with coupons to the adults. Our town parade is huge, lasts about 2 hours, and thousands of people are there. great way to get exposure.
Plus, my boys are sure to love it, so that in itself makes it worth it.

AintNoFun
02-03-2005, 11:29 AM
i def. wanna drive our ztrs and hydro walk behinds through the parade.. the parade all said and done is probably close to 2 miles and i can't stress enough the amount of people that would be there... I was thinkin about landscaping our 10 ton trailer but I dont think people would remember it much as if we had a band on it or something else to be different and grab attention... keep em coming though.. thanks

Groundcover Solutions
02-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Could have a band on the trailer and have them on some sod. and mabye put a couple of trees or shrubs on it. just an idea