PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Shops

The landscaper
02-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Just looking for pictures of your shops.

onemilmhz
02-09-2005, 10:44 PM
No pics yet? I too, want to see pictures of shops so--- bump.

The landscaper
02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
I was suprised to see no responses here....hmmm

FrankenScagMachines
02-10-2005, 06:36 PM
OK i'll bite.... here's mine :waving: :cool2:
My first real shop. I'm so proud! LOL.... at 17 i'm very glad to get it and especially for the deal i'm gettin it for!

30x40. side door on left side, big doors are 10' wide.

Lux Lawn
02-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Eric
Glad to see you finally got your shop..Did you get the whole thing or is the lady still going to use part of it?

jreiff
02-10-2005, 08:03 PM
FrankenScagMachines- You ahve any pictures of the inside of your shop?

How much did you pay for it?

dcondon
02-10-2005, 08:05 PM
FrankenScag, Who is the manufacturer of your shop????

PROCUT1
02-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Check Out My Pic Thread For A Few Of Mine

ALarsh
02-11-2005, 10:10 PM
How much did you pay for it?

He cuts the ladies lawn and she lets him use it...

onemilmhz
02-12-2005, 11:13 AM
He cuts the ladies lawn and she lets him use it...
Sweet deal, just make sure you keep her happy so she doesn't kick you out!

tjg
02-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Didn't have right sizes.

nitrotim
02-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Two weeks from tomorrow and one of these will be going up in my yard. Can't wait need the room :blob3: 24x32x10

Lux Lawn
02-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Two weeks from tomorrow and one of these will be going up in my yard. Can't wait need the room :blob3: 24x32x10

I bet you can't wait.

leadarrows
02-13-2005, 09:02 PM
No inside pictures on hand but I just got word today I will be able to get the funding to buy my Granddads farm from my dad and his sister. I have been sweating bullets for the last two months trying get a loan for it.
The shop is the addition to the old barn on the left there. This place comes with a grain cleaner and grain storage bins in the hayloft. The pole barn is tool storage. I am going to rent out the house with enough ground for a nice sized yard and the chicken house if wanted.
Ah but this is a thread about shops. There are doors at each end of the shop so I'll be able to but a drive in around to the back and no more backing the trailer in. :cool2:
In that field to the right of the barn I'm going to put in a berm and top it with some pines and ceders and start a drywall and yard wast recycling center. The farm is 102 acres but I can't afford to keep it all so I will end up with forty acres. You can't make any money row cropping forty acres so I will be changing it over to a nursery and have some U-pick it crops. I have a few other ideas.
I'm fifty but I feel just as excited as a kid at christmas. :D

onemilmhz
02-13-2005, 10:16 PM
If you don't mind my asking, what are you paying for it? I am looking to build a new detached garage at my residence as part of a HUGE renovation and this size is perfect! I want to go with a steel building as it will "save almost 50% over conventional construction" according to what I've heard and seen. Plus I like the style and can put a brick face on the front to match the house. My wife isn't sold on the idea yet so I was hoping to convince her with the save money thing!

nitrotim
02-14-2005, 06:51 AM
If you don't mind my asking, what are you paying for it? I am looking to build a new detached garage at my residence as part of a HUGE renovation and this size is perfect! I want to go with a steel building as it will "save almost 50% over conventional construction" according to what I've heard and seen. Plus I like the style and can put a brick face on the front to match the house. My wife isn't sold on the idea yet so I was hoping to convince her with the save money thing!

Hi, For the 24x32x10 building with a steel roof and no soffits, one 9 ft wide by 8 ft high overhead door and one 36" man door and one window the price was $7600.00. Figure close to another 2500 to 3000 grand if you are not good with concrete for the floor. You could do all of this alot cheaper if you are handy. I live in a development and I decided to have someoneelse put it up because of all the prying eyes of my neighbors. I helped a friend do his. We had somebody come in and set the poles and trusses and we did the rest. He put his up 40x32x10 cheaper than I am doing mine.

Expert Lawns
02-16-2005, 07:57 PM
while we're on the topic of shops, i have a question. How hard it is it to add onto a one or two car garage? I would like to have an over sized garage that would actually be my shop. I have a 2 car garage now, but it is paved on the left side. It's wide enough over there to fit a large truck. So i guess what i'm saying is that i would like to utilize that space by adding on to the garage. What step would i have to take? Costs?

rbeitz
02-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Here's my pole barn/garage. It's a 30x40x10 with 2 9x8 doors and a 36" man door.

Old Red
02-20-2005, 01:58 PM
My shop went up last fall, 30' x 45' x 12'. This spring I'll get the floor poured. It's about as big as I could go as it's sandwiched between my minnow pond, an underground phone cable and an oak tree I refuse to remove. Wanted 10' high doors so I can get our horse trailer in it. Wished I'd put in one wider door. Can't back in straight so the 18' trailer with an 82" deck (about 9' wide ? at the fenders) will be tough to get in if I ever need to. Back door is close to the slope leading down to the pond so I don't think I can get anything bigger than a lawn tractor out of it. Should allow a breeze to float through. Plan is it'll be a good spot to sit and enjoy a beer.

onemilmhz
02-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Plan is it'll be a good spot to sit and enjoy a beer.
Nice building Old Red. I would enjoy more than just a beer in that thing, what a "shop"! Any pictures of the inside yet? If things keep going well for us we may need a space that big for just our trailers and equipment. Right now my partner and I both have restrictions at our residences excluding us from storing our stuff at home. He has a "no trailer" covenant (lives on the 17th green) and I simply have no where to put one at the moment for now. Thatís why I am looking at metal buildings.

Old Red
02-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Later this year, if I get the inside finished, I'll post some pics of it and the equipment I can fit in it. I may have less room than planned, wife is thinking she'll put her horse in there. Better by another tractor quick. You know who'll clean the stall if that happens. By the way I liked the pic on your website of the soldier with his little bit of turf. Made the wife shed a couple tears, even my old eyes watered up a bit.

onemilmhz
02-20-2005, 11:15 PM
By the way I liked the pic on your website of the soldier with his little bit of turf. Made the wife shed a couple tears, even my old eyes watered up a bit.
Thank you. I spent 6 years in the Army, 3 1/2 of it in Egypt, Korea and Kuwait. My cousin, nephew and many close friends are in Iraq and Afganistan with the various branches of service so our men and women in uniform have a special place in my heart. The picture is one that circulated the internet not long after the second Iraq war began. The story is that the soldier's wife sent him seeds that he planted outside his tent and tends it with a pair of scissors as you see in the picture. I posted it in tribute but I wish there was more our business could do to express it's gratitude to him and all the others defending freedom around the world.

jccordes2
02-23-2005, 06:23 PM
this is a picture in November, I'll add one that's completed

Gilla Gorilla
02-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Well here is a picture of where I keep all of my equipment. It is a heck of a lot better then when I had to back the trailer into my garage at the beginning of the season with the mowers and everything still on it and having the garage stink like old grass for a couple of months.

This building is actually at the back of my wifes grandparents house. It used to be a slaughter house/butcher shop for her grandfather years ago and you should see some of the old saws and the meat locker that is still in there with the hooks and everything to hang the sides of beef. I had to cut a larger opening in the side of the building so I could fit the 60" Lazer in the middle of it. The bad thing is that the building has three separate sections to it, the front and back being the biggest but the back has the meat locker still in there and I am not sure If I am going to take that out or leave it there since it has a 6 or 8" raised concrete slab which would be kind of hard to get most mowers and other equipment up onto.

I will try to get a picture or two of the inside sections with the old butcher tools. When my helper first walked though it last season when we started cleaning it out he said that it looks like it came rite out of the Texas Chain Saw Massacre movies. LOL

I forgot to add the worst part is that it does not have electicity on it anymore which is another story.

onemilmhz
03-02-2005, 12:11 AM
I forgot to add the worst part is that it does not have electicity on it anymore which is another story.
Still a nice building but I am sure its a pain with no power. We looked at a friends rental space this week. $650/month for about 1,200 sq ft block building. It has two large roll up doors, not sure of the size but they're big. It sits on about an acre fenced lot area with a tin roof shelter. We really need a space like this but $650 seems steep to me. Maybe some day.

TOSLC
03-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Here's pics of my 30x60x10

jccordes2
03-03-2005, 12:29 PM
TOSLC,

you are a very lucky Man!! I envy your building!!!!
if only I had more property, I would have built something like yours,
Max in our area for detached was 1000 SQFT. so I made mine 988.

I also have storage trusses in roof with 6ft of head room above the garage, it's pretty good for storage.

I also insulated and sheet rocked the inside, need a big heater now!

Nice garage Man!!!

jccordes2
03-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I forgot to add the worst part is that it does not have electicity on it anymore which is another story.[/QUOTE]

At least you have a place to store them for free!!

Groundcover Solutions
03-03-2005, 04:30 PM
I will try and get some pics of our shop up some time soon. I really want to get some land like around 2-4 acers. we are currently in a strip industrial building so we do not have exterior storage and the shop door is only 12 ft tall and my truck is 12.4 so it dose not fit inside!!!! but when i get land i can store material outside and put up a sutable building and office space!!

Groundcover Solutions
03-03-2005, 04:33 PM
this is not a great pic but my shop is in the background next to the softball academy.
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/146959/fullsize/jeep%20side%202.jpg

TOSLC
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks JC, I thank the LOML everynight for it. No seriously I have been working a long time to be able to build something like this. The trade off is you can't see the house she has just outside the pics of my shop. Ha! Ha! Ha!

tiedeman
03-06-2005, 11:04 AM
those are nice looking shops there

bondman35a
03-07-2005, 04:08 PM
TOSLC nice shop, want to one day build one of those

The landscaper
03-11-2005, 01:01 AM
how about some insides....how you have things organized and set up.

tadmasonry.com
03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Here's my shop

Metro Lawn
01-12-2006, 05:35 PM
A few pics of office and yards.

Metro Lawn
01-12-2006, 05:39 PM
close up of office

Metro Lawn
01-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Some equipment in the storage yard.

Metro Lawn
01-12-2006, 05:45 PM
side view of one of the lawn units and dump/loader combo

RedWingsDet
01-12-2006, 06:24 PM
John, I like that red truck with the blizzard.

Shop's looking good. I'm going to just keep my trailer at the same yard I have it at now until I sell it. Once I get a dump trailer I'll prolly move it over to somewhere else though.

Take it easy.

tiedeman
01-12-2006, 07:35 PM
show some pictures of the inside of your office there Metro

Mr Budget
01-13-2006, 07:03 PM
47361 Heres mine the wife took the photo just after i empty ed the trailer near the burn pit

tiedeman
01-14-2006, 02:27 AM
where are you located at again?

Mr Budget
01-14-2006, 02:38 PM
where are you located at again?

Right behind Ferrell gas 2miles east out of town of Clare

tiedeman
01-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Oh, ok. I was just trying to think of anywhere that buidling can be. Usually I can remember certain buildings, but that one I just could not put together where at

yrdandgardenhandyman
01-15-2006, 01:08 AM
No inside pictures on hand but I just got word today I will be able to get the funding to buy my Granddads farm from my dad and his sister. I have been sweating bullets for the last two months trying get a loan for it.
The shop is the addition to the old barn on the left there. This place comes with a grain cleaner and grain storage bins in the hayloft. The pole barn is tool storage. I am going to rent out the house with enough ground for a nice sized yard and the chicken house if wanted.
Ah but this is a thread about shops. There are doors at each end of the shop so I'll be able to but a drive in around to the back and no more backing the trailer in. :cool2:
In that field to the right of the barn I'm going to put in a berm and top it with some pines and ceders and start a drywall and yard wast recycling center. The farm is 102 acres but I can't afford to keep it all so I will end up with forty acres. You can't make any money row cropping forty acres so I will be changing it over to a nursery and have some U-pick it crops. I have a few other ideas.
I'm fifty but I feel just as excited as a kid at christmas. :D

Is that a river behind the property? Does it flood much? You are awful close to what appears to be a decent size body of water.

Brianslawn
01-15-2006, 02:12 AM
i would post some pics of my 'skunkworks facility" out by the lake, but cant give the LS mafia any more clues. they might actually start guessing the right town. :nono:

6'7 330
01-15-2006, 12:21 PM
i would post some pics of my 'skunkworks facility" out by the lake, but cant give the LS mafia any more clues. they might actually start guessing the right town. :nono:

What people soon will start to guess is, who on LS is spitting out more bs then a Chicago 3rd st, street preacher :nono:

dr.lawn21
01-17-2006, 09:45 PM
here's my shop.

dr.lawn21
01-17-2006, 09:46 PM
another view

meets1
01-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Nice looking shops! Now we need to see the equipment that goes with your shops and a look at the inside. My footings are in and building should be here with the next 2 - 3 weeks. 66 x 88 x 16. I get some pics when the structure is up.

tiedeman
01-17-2006, 10:21 PM
looks good there dr.lawn

How long have you been in business?

wriken
01-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Nice looking shops! Now we need to see the equipment that goes with your shops and a look at the inside. My footings are in and building should be here with the next 2 - 3 weeks. 66 x 88 x 16. I get some pics when the structure is up.
This spring I'm going to put up a at least 45'x60'x14', maybe alittle bigger, 50x90x14'. I want to be able to put all my equipment uner one roof.

Lawn_Boy
01-18-2006, 05:01 PM
This is my dads shop...originally, it was intended for cars and such, but since then we have got out of that and we keep all sorts of things inside...including lawn equipment.

zim bob the landscaper
01-18-2006, 05:11 PM
nice shops, yards, and trucks