PDA

View Full Version : Do trailer dealers come down on price?

Smitty58
02-02-2005, 10:51 AM
We are getting ready to buy a new enclosed trailer. Narrowing it down to what size. We know it will be enclosed and a Haulmark. We like the 8.5 x 22 footer but still deciding. My question is how willing are trailer dealers to "deal" on price? If they have a price of say $4975 what can I expect to get it for?
Anyone have examples on this ,and anyone have a dealer in SW Ohio they like? I'm looking at Smith Trailers in Mason-Pisgah area.

PLM-1
02-02-2005, 01:32 PM
They are all different. Mine wouldn't move because they said the price of steel isn't allowing them to. These people are friends of the family as well so I think they were prolly telling me the truth because in the past anything that i have bought from them they moved in price. Hope this helped!

D Felix
02-02-2005, 01:53 PM
I doubt any trailer retailer will come down much. If someone fabricates the trailers and then sells them themselves, then they may be willing to come down some, but probably not much. Those are the ones that are already pretty low.

I'm pretty sure that the larger of the two trailer dealers here gets all of their enclosed trailers in and then sells them on commission. I don't think they actually own the trailers. There may be a little wiggle room, but they sell enough trailers that they tend to have a "take it or leave it" attitude when it comes to price.

Each dealer is different. You'll just have to feel them out and see for yourself.

Dan

Oldtimer
02-03-2005, 02:11 AM
The trailer manufacturers and dealers operate with such a small margin that there is very little room to bargain. Most trailer manufacturers are operating at capacity and not looking for more dealers.

Dig-it Landscaping
02-03-2005, 08:17 PM
I like tegmyers in wilmintgton. It is off of st rt 68. i dunno about getting them to drop the price.

Stinger
02-05-2005, 12:40 AM
I have a buddy that's a welder at a local trailer shop. He claims their money is maid on parts and repairs. However I've bought 3 from the same dealer and the manager has done a little better deal every time so I go back.