PDA

View Full Version : Handheld Edger

green814
02-02-2005, 11:48 AM
I have been thinking of adding a handheld edger and would like feedback. I have Shindaiwa trimmers, and have been happy w/ them. So I was thinking the Shindaiwa LE260, but I can get the Kawasaki edger for a lower price. I don't know shipping, but the Kawasaki is $275. plus shipping from Landscape Supply. Thank you for any input.
Chris

lawnchopper
02-02-2005, 12:06 PM
i would look into Shihl They have a split shaft option where you buy the power head and buy the shafts separately you can go from trimmer to stick edger in a madder of seconds. Im not sure if Shindawa has this option.The hand held edgers work good when edging areas that have hard ground or thick sodd your arms will get tired but they do do a good job.

scaglawnsnj
02-02-2005, 01:13 PM
I have been thinking of adding a handheld edger and would like feedback. I have Shindaiwa trimmers, and have been happy w/ them. So I was thinking the Shindaiwa LE260, but I can get the Kawasaki edger for a lower price. I don't know shipping, but the Kawasaki is $275. plus shipping from Landscape Supply. Thank you for any input.
Chris
I'm switching to hand held edgers too. They are more cost efficient, faster then the walk behind edger. I'll buy two in April. Probably the echo stuff. Echo stuff is cheaper and lasts just as long as the competition..And when echo gets a year old, I seems to hold its power better then the others. try 200.00 for a 22cc edger. 22cc is all you need..Most of the high end **** is over rated and heavy..this **** saves me money and my back..humming

grass_cuttin_fool
02-02-2005, 01:24 PM
I still like my little craftsman walk behind edger. I dont have to carry it and if i need to stop to pick up something I can stop and I dont have to put the handheld down. Too each there own I have both and I like the push edger best