PDA

View Full Version : what software do You use

Mycannon
02-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Ok guys, I need to know what softwares ya'll use to keep track of the accounts and accounting. I need something easy I get most payments at time of service but I also bill out. I have a 100+ accounts and need all my book keeping and all done by this software.

thanks

Ky. Jones
02-02-2005, 04:02 PM
I use QuickBooks and love it. Makes my life simple and networks everything together. Before that I use like six spreadsheets in Excel and had to update everyone seperately.

kdbetters
02-02-2005, 04:34 PM
You should try quickbooks for accounting and qxpress for routing and scheduling. They integrate with each other, no double entry. Quickbooks Pro is $279 or you can lease it online for $20/month, and QXpress is $425 or you can lease online for $27/month. Or for a cheap, inexspensive full service program, try http://www.nocomplaintslawnservice.com/la/htm its only $45. I use it for scheduling and routing only, but it can be used for billing and tracking exspenses as well. Hope this helps!

Mycannon
02-02-2005, 04:39 PM
You should try quickbooks for accounting and qxpress for routing and scheduling. They integrate with each other, no double entry. Quickbooks Pro is $279 or you can lease it online for $20/month, and QXpress is $425 or you can lease online for $27/month. Or for a cheap, inexspensive full service program, try http://www.nocomplaintslawnservice.com/la/htm its only $45. I use it for scheduling and routing only, but it can be used for billing and tracking exspenses as well. Hope this helps!
That link is not working.

Mycannon
02-02-2005, 05:42 PM
what quickbooks do you use basic,pro,premier

MMLawn
02-02-2005, 05:47 PM
what quickbooks do you use basic,pro,premier

ANY of those versions will do what you said you needed and lots more. If you are only going to use it on one computer just striaght up Quickbooks would work fine for you. It would do all you will need it to even including payroll,941's, etc.

Mycannon
02-02-2005, 06:02 PM
QB Basic will do profits and all the good stuff. Billing, net, gross, expenses and all the good stuff.

WhohasHelios?
02-02-2005, 09:18 PM
I have used QuickBooks, Peach Tree Accounting, and MS Money a little bit just for fun, but as far as I can tell the only really nice and reliable program out there for bookkeeping is Simply Accounting. You can design your own etimates, invoices and statements etc. as well as manage inventory and track projects P&L and powerful reporting features to see how you are doing financially.

As for scheduling and routing, I am not the one to ask..I just design and use my own templates for this stuff.

Reuben

YardPro
02-02-2005, 09:32 PM
quickbooks pro

kdbetters
02-02-2005, 10:30 PM
That link is not working.

sorry about that, the link is http://www.nocomplaintslawnservice.com/la.htm

Mowmoney00
02-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Quickbooks Pro

MMLawn
02-03-2005, 12:34 AM
QB Basic will do profits and all the good stuff. Billing, net, gross, expenses and all the good stuff.

Yep it will. The only real advantage of Pro is if you want to Network it to other computers. The basics are the same in all versions even back to Version 6.0 from 1999.