PDA

View Full Version : In need of website/flyer/post card design

randallwise
02-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Hello

I've gone through a few designers who don't seem to want to put effort into making a unique website/print materials for my business. I've seen a number of great designs on this site and I'd like to put my business out there.

Is there a forum/posting to look for in order to bid out for designers?

Thanks

Randall Wise
Wise Lawn & Landscape
wiselandscapes.com :help:

twins_lawn_care
02-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Check out Gopher one of the sponsors at the top of this page. They are very helpful and can probably get anything you need done.

Nice looking logo by the way. Like the "W" in blades

Hamons
02-02-2005, 05:17 PM
I highly reccomend my guy -- do a search -- he has done many people heres work. Mine, Procut, walker-talker and a few others.

Here is his info:

Shawn Honea
IM Design Group
620-343-3909
fax:620-343-3909
shawn@imdesigngroup.com

ALarsh
02-02-2005, 05:28 PM
I changed a design template from gopher. Check it out: www.cclawnservice.com . It isn't done, I have to find somebody to edit one of the buttons to say "Easy Pay".

Mowmoney00
02-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Shawn will begin working on all my advertising material in the next week. I'm really excited with about his abilities and I look forward to posting what he gets me together. He has always responded my emails promptly and with great enthusiasm.

I have to say "Don't ever use the company Logosharx for your logo design". I've been waiting over a month for the final logo and i'm just now getting it completed. They spent nearly 2 weeks on one revision. Very poor communications with this company. Sorry, i'm just venting a little. Definitely go with Design-outpost for logo designs ... they've got great designers and fast response time.

I think i'm just rambling ..... what's this post about again? :p

Groundcover Solutions
02-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Try using designoutpost.com they do great work. I have seen quite a few people on this site have work done for them. I have never heard anything negative about them. Plus they do excalent work.

LB Landscaping
02-03-2005, 11:15 AM
I second the vote for Gopher, they have web templates, logos and a design team that can do pretty much everything. I used them for doorhangers, business cards, letterhead, and my website, very pleased with the results of each of them.

randallwise
02-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks for all the great references. Twins, I'm glad you caught on to the logo, not everyone gets it. Heck, I didn't get it at first (way dif. rendition, though).

Now, one more question...

What kind of pricing should I expect for web design?

Thanks again, all...

RSW

tonygreek
02-03-2005, 09:45 PM
randall, pricing is a tough question. to me, the toughest thing with site design is figuring out the artwork. your having a professional logo already done makes it much easier as it sets the tone for colors and feel that can be carried into the site design. since there's nothing tough about an lco site, they are fairly static w/ the only interaction typically being an estimate request form, it should be in the +/- $500 range. hourly rates run $50-$100 for your typical small-shop designer or freelancer.

one note of caution: be wary of the guys that say they, or their nephew, have built many sites and can do it. i see that form of comment 80% of the time (and a few times on here) and whenever i've checked out their portfolio, you'd think a 9 yr old did it. be selective. view their portfolio. be selective. odds are, if properly done, and marketed, it could turn into the best marketing ROI you have.

tony

Hamons
02-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm having my guy working on a website right now. the +/- $500 is about right.

I wanted something fairly simple -- but completely professional.

Team Gopher
02-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi ALarsh,

Your site looks great. Nice job on putting it together.

Thank LB Landscaping for thinking of us.

Hamons, I am looking forwards to seeing your site too.

Lux Lawn
02-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Randall-Great looking logo,good luck with the website.

ALarsh
02-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the template gopher. :)