PDA

View Full Version : ferris

Mowerboy04
02-02-2005, 04:46 PM
how do u guys like the ferris walk behinds. I'm looking at a ferris belt dirve 36" out the door for 2500. the other thing i was wondering how is the stripeing on those any good
thanks

LawnsRUsInc.
02-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Our stripping on our ferris is good. The control of the walkbehind on hills from what i have seen and demoed is unsurpased. We have had minor probels with our ferris machines starter shaft on Z broke but under warranty. and our walkbehind gass tank wore a leak in it ??? But for hours we put on 1,250 hrs a year on the machines and that is the only probelms in 3 seasons.

Jason

2tall
02-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Ferris mowers are very dependable. Dont know much on the belt drives but the hydros that I run are excellent.

mkwl
02-02-2005, 10:40 PM
That sounds like a pretty good deal. My neighbor has a ferris 48" belt drive WB mower and he seems to like it. The cut and striping from his ferris are pretty good. Personally, I would only buy a Bob-Cat mower!!! I love my Bob-Cat WB mower!!!

rodfather
02-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Ferris is basically all we run...must of had like 20 of them (mostly WB's) over the past 11 years...extremely reliable machines.

FrankenScagMachines
02-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Can't speak for their walk behinds, but I have been pleased with my 2004 Ferris IS1000Z 52" rider. If their walk behinds are like the rider, then I would say they must be good machines. Their walk behinds look a little different than other mowers, they have a "stocky, heavyset" look to them for some reason, but look like a tank. I think the controls are a little different, I beleive the angle of the pistol grip levers are different of others.

Regardless, I'm going to sell my Ferris rider and Exmark hydro walk behind and get a Bob-Cat belt drive walk behind because MKWL says its the best thing, so it must be :rolleyes: