Hello
Gearing up for Season start up.
Were do I start
OK Mailing 250 folded pamphlets
2000 Door Hangers
2000 business card hand out
Wonder if i'll get at least a 5% return
Need 30 more clients
Any other Advertising tech. I can use???
:p

proenterprises
02-02-2005, 06:25 PM
i dont think you are going to get 5% with just mailings. the usual expectancy on fliers is equal to or less than 1%. cards handed out will probably have a better chance, being that if they take the card, they probably are in search of service.

yellow pages are always a good idea.

Gene $immons
02-02-2005, 06:29 PM
How or where do you do a business card handout?

proenterprises
02-02-2005, 06:38 PM
How or where do you do a business card handout?
i wondered the same thing. i believe is is illegal to --for example-stand in front of a mall and just pass out cards...what are the parameters for this?

Ky. Jones
02-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Walk door to door and introduce yourself. Dress professional and act the same, look at the yard and have an idea of the price tell them up front no bs. Just make sure of your local laws on soliciting.

proenterprises
02-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Walk door to door and introduce yourself. Dress professional and act the same, look at the yard and have an idea of the price tell them up front no bs. Just make sure of your local laws on soliciting.

i have often wondered of doing this. has anyone had personal experience with this and its rates of success?

Jason Pallas
02-02-2005, 07:20 PM
I did it - it worked great! I picked up about 45 customers in the course of a week - 10 days.

Mark McC
02-02-2005, 07:27 PM
I did it - it worked great! I picked up about 45 customers in the course of a week - 10 days.

Jason, just out of curiosity, how many hours did you spend rustling up those 45 customers. I'm seriously thinking about doing this.

lawnguyland
02-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I have mixed views on it, but I know that it's illegal to solicit door to door in the main area I work. Sucks for me, but helps keep out the riff raff I guess. I've seen the cops come and hassle people that try (usually just a warning). Great idea, just be careful it's ok or do it until someone complains....