PDA

View Full Version : Interior Plants Maintenance

ashs inc
02-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Hey guys love the forum. I love reading lawnsite. Anybody know where i can find any info on starting and developing an Interior Business. I was doing some work this morning and its freezing. LOL. Thanks for the help!

Precision
02-02-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't know about finding information, but when I lived in NYC there were lots of guys doing that at the restaurants that I ran. Most just got some business cards and went knocking.

Most had 2 options 1. water, fert and pruning 2. plant rotation / replacement with water fert and pruning.

Some had a third option which was cut/dried flower arrangements for restaurants, dentist/doctor offices.

Aside from the driving it seems like an easy job.

ashs inc
02-03-2005, 11:02 AM
thanks precision,

No one else has any input on this????

PMLAWN
02-03-2005, 11:10 AM
My guess it would be more for commercial office buildings. Try getting in at property management firms.

tiedeman
02-03-2005, 11:24 AM
I think that this would be a great thing to get into. Very few people that I now of offer this type of service

Precision
02-03-2005, 03:02 PM
True Tiedeman. The only problem is unless you guarantee the plants thru rotation or replacement, you will winnow yourself out of a job as the plants die off. Nothing like getting coke, coffee and everything else poored out in the soil (on a daily basis) to ruin perfectly good plants.

Grassmechanic
02-04-2005, 07:32 AM
There was a company in Mich. called Garden Milieau. They did interior plant maint. They were bought out by, of all companies, Trugreen. They did offer plant rotation and replacement, but it ran an average office building about $100/month. They came in once a week. They watered, trimmed, fertilized, dusted and polished the plants. They would spend about 1 hour each week. I fired them shortly after Trugreen bought them out and raised prices.