PDA

View Full Version : lt rich z spray

lawn king
02-02-2005, 07:13 PM
I went to the new england grows show today and i did see the z spray machines. They look like a well made machine, quality gauges and valves,all stainless,good engine ctc. it's just not the machine for us, too heavy and wide and just very cumbersome. I can fully understand why many of you guys love this machine, it's just not the right rig for us.

green tec
02-03-2005, 12:53 PM
I talked with one of the sales guys last week and was informed that they are bringing out a 36" wide unit this summer that will be new from the ground up for smaller lawns. We have their large unit and love it but need a unit for our smaller lawns.

Rob Spread & Spray
02-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Thats interesting, because a number of us stood in the both and stated that same concern, but Andy never mentioned anything about it.

lawn king
02-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Our kubota b 7500 can do everything that machine can with the exception of zero turn! I bet the ground psi is lighter with the tractor turf tires. We have an electric 25 gal boom (5ft) for the front and a sitrex fs 150 pto fert. spreader in the rear. The tractor can also load,dig,rake,plow, snowblow etc. The cab offers both comfort and exposure protection. I like my kubota set up and mt lesco hps,in fact im going to buy another hps in march. If lesco doesn't have the small spray system for the machine by june, we will fabricate it in house. As i said in starting this thread, i can understand some of you love this machine, for us ther'e are just too many issues, gates and hills being the top of the list. For our operation 75% lawn care,20% construction and 5% snow it's not a good investment, perhaps i would not feel this way if we wer'e 100% lawn care. Good luck to all that own it!

James Cormier
02-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Our kubota b 7500 can do everything that machine can with the exception of zero turn! I bet the ground psi is lighter with the tractor turf tires. We have an electric 25 gal boom (5ft) for the front and a sitrex fs 150 pto fert. spreader in the rear. The tractor can also load,dig,rake,plow, snowblow etc. The cab offers both comfort and exposure protection. I like my kubota set up and mt lesco hps,in fact im going to buy another hps in march. If lesco doesn't have the small spray system for the machine by june, we will fabricate it in house. As i said in starting this thread, i can understand some of you love this machine, for us ther'e are just too many issues, gates and hills being the top of the list. For our operation 75% lawn care,20% construction and 5% snow it's not a good investment, perhaps i would not feel this way if we wer'e 100% lawn care. Good luck to all that own it!

King, One of my fav lawn treatment machines was a B7200 with a small vicon hopper. I loved that machine and used it as much as possible, the biggest problem was " Mrs Jones" didnt like looking out her window and seeing a big tractor spreading fert 25 feet wide on her lawn.

Thats where these small ride ons have a slight advantage, not too big, and most people think there cool, cause they have never seen anything like it.

If my commercial business grows, Then I will use the small tractor again, but for now, the PG's are it.

Rob Spread & Spray
02-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Jim, did you hear anything about them making the smaller machine?

James Cormier
02-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Jim, did you hear anything about them making the smaller machine?

Not a smaller ride on, but I hear a walk behind unit is in the works. I would assume that would be the one under 36"

Thats what I wanted to talk with Tom Rich about. I emailed him, but the email address on the website didn't work.

I like the idea of walking without pushing, then maybe adding a sulky for the bigger lawns.

I will try to email him again, I cant complain about email address now can I?

lawn king
02-05-2005, 10:58 AM
King, One of my fav lawn treatment machines was a B7200 with a small vicon hopper. I loved that machine and used it as much as possible, the biggest problem was " Mrs Jones" didnt like looking out her window and seeing a big tractor spreading fert 25 feet wide on her lawn.

Thats where these small ride ons have a slight advantage, not too big, and most people think there cool, cause they have never seen anything like it.

If my commercial business grows, Then I will use the small tractor again, but for now, the PG's are it.
I love my lesco hps. I urge all to demo it. Many lawns are too small for a tractor, thats wher'e the hps comes in. Once i have adapted a spray system to this machine i will be a tall dog in short grass!!! Not to short 2.5 inches is good!!!!

sprayman73703
02-07-2005, 12:01 AM
I am still standing proudly by my prolawn. It is the best for those bigger areas. And for those little areas i bought the single hood walk behind version. I love it.

Rob Spread & Spray
02-07-2005, 12:43 PM
What does it look like? The prolawn.

sprayman73703
02-08-2005, 01:04 AM
check it ut here at www.prolawnsprayshields.com

lawn king
02-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Thats a fine rig sprayman,however,this thread is about the pros & cons of the self propelled units,hps,pg,zspray,etc. That rig is mounted on a mower!

sprayman73703
02-08-2005, 09:22 PM
This basically a self propelled unit. It does mount to a mower but when it does you remove the deck, or like me buy a mower without a deck and you can cheapen the unit dramatically.

Harvestman
02-09-2005, 09:57 PM
My z-spray is being delivered tomorrow afternoon and you can bet if i have problems with it i'll discuss them here (if any).I'm looking forward to testing this machine this season. And yes it is the reputation of this machine is why I'm purchasing it. :)