PDA

View Full Version : Weed Seeker

bob
01-30-2001, 11:09 PM
I went to Delaware's annual Pesticide conference today. Some brought up the topic of a product called the Weed Seeker. It's driven by a computer($1500) and a spray head(s)($1000 each) that has an infared lens that can tell the difference between weed and non-weed plants. It then will automaticly spray the weeds. You mount it to your mower or atv and just drive over the area. You can even spray at night, because infared doesn't need sunlight.

Turfdoctor
01-31-2001, 02:47 AM
What the heck are you talking about? seriously?

UrbanEarth
01-31-2001, 03:07 PM
I know they have systems like that for farming, but didn't know it was set up for landscape applications! Did you get to demo the unit or see it actually work?

Alan

bob
01-31-2001, 03:09 PM
They only talked about it. Didn't say if it was for turf or farm applications.

Rcgm
04-22-2009, 12:30 AM
:dizzy: Look at the date on this baby I found.

Brad

Ric
04-22-2009, 09:22 AM
:dizzy: Look at the date on this baby I found.

Brad

Brad

This is one thread you could have left lost for an other 8 years IMHO.

Rcgm
04-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Brad

This is one thread you could have left lost for an other 8 years IMHO.

Sorry we will slowly let it grow cob webs in the archive.:waving:

Brad

humble1
04-22-2009, 09:51 PM
I went to Delaware's annual Pesticide conference today. Some brought up the topic of a product called the Weed Seeker. It's driven by a computer($1500) and a spray head(s)($1000 each) that has an infared lens that can tell the difference between weed and non-weed plants. It then will automaticly spray the weeds. You mount it to your mower or atv and just drive over the area. You can even spray at night, because infared doesn't need sunlight.

My big concern would be how clean you have to keep the lense and how the computer holds up to the jarring of a landscape trailer bouncing over the road, how quick the on off is so does it just spray one weed.

Last summer I wore a special pair of glasses they were purple, got them from forestry supply. Anyway you could clearly see the diff between weeds and grass, gave me a big fkn headache. Something to do with the color spectrum. Post a link if you have any info on it.

Larry over at American you should buy it.