PDA

View Full Version : Sit or Stand Revisited Poll.

Fareway Lawncare
02-02-2005, 11:36 PM
As many of you know, a few years ago, one of LS most cherished members, an unselfish and giving man, Eric Erickson AKA Eric Elm, passed away from a stroke. He is sadly missed to this day. As many also know, Eric spent most of his days riding around on his Dixie Choppers and perhaps did not get the excercise needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Regardless, for those of you who spend all their time perched on a ZTR.....Are you Overweight, Out of Shape, generally in poor physical condition?

chefdrp
02-03-2005, 12:43 AM
wow..............................

lawnguyland
02-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Hisssssssssssssssssss :nono:

KCLandscape
02-03-2005, 01:19 AM
I am not overweight or whatever...
E.E got his stripes on a machine that worked for him.
I get my stripes on a machine that works for me...with his help!
What are you trying to say??
Take his advice....

Scag48
02-03-2005, 01:56 AM
I don't think it really matters, you're not going to convince anyone to start walking, Fareway. Besides, half of us with W/B's use sulky's anyway so that isn't of much use anyway. Personally, I like being able to mow my lawns in about half the time with a sulky vs. walking and would rather exercise on my weekends while y'all are still out walking behind your W/B.

Fareway Lawncare
02-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Here's the Crunch

1) You become Overweight and out of Shape

2) You often turn down Profitable Lots that don't suit a Rider

3) You cut areas w/Riders that should be cut w/Walks because You're Too Lazy

4) You Become Lazy and Fat

5) Your employees Destroy Perfectly Good Turf Areas

bobbygedd
02-03-2005, 02:26 AM
i'm 40 yrs old. i drink on average 30 beers a week. my resting heart rate is mid 60's. my blood pressure and cholesterol are perfect. my buttocks are so hard, i slipped on the ice the other day, my ass hit the sidewalk, and split the sidewalk in half! i walk every lawn, no rider, no velky. i'm a bad man

lawncare3
02-03-2005, 05:03 AM
LMAO bobby.

Precision
02-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Turning 35 in 3 weeks, 5'8", 150#, 3% bodyfat, Eat like food is going out of style.

I ride as much as I can on my Gravely PM 260. I also have a Proline 36" that I walk behind if the Gravely won't fit, slope is too steep.

WB are just too slow for any real production work, but they have their place and I drag mine around every day but one.

timturf
02-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Most americans are over weight!

JB1
02-03-2005, 09:04 AM
I know what your saying , I see the shape I'm in and I have started working out, I've switched to light beer, I go and get the beer out of the fridge myself opposed to having the kids get it for me, switched to 16 ounce cans and now when I drink I switch hands every other time, this workout plan is working out alright.