PDA

View Full Version : I am in need of a picture

ProSvcs
02-03-2005, 03:29 AM
I am looking for a picture of an overgrown lawn, it can either be a photo type or a cartoon type. Can anyone help out??

TIA
Jim

lawncare3
02-03-2005, 03:35 AM
I will take a look in my files and see what I got.

lawncare3
02-03-2005, 03:38 AM
dammit. I cant seem to find the right one. I will look in the morning.

Precision
02-03-2005, 07:46 AM
here is one, I have some others if you want.

harryhomeowner
02-03-2005, 07:53 AM
two pix - from google

harryhomeowner
02-03-2005, 07:54 AM
here is pix #2

jmcooper
02-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Here's one I did a few years back.

MidAtlantic
02-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah I could use one of a nice brick colonial style home with an over grown front yard for an advertisement. Anybody have one???

FrankenScagMachines
02-03-2005, 08:42 AM
this was thicker and juicier than it looks but it was a tough cleanup... the mower was barely moving to cut through this stuff without bogging... Of course we were bagging. To make matters worse, it was sod (this was its first cut) and it was spaced loosely so we were careful not to wiggle it. Customer was thrilled! We had to do it in one pass to prevent moving the sod, so going slow was even more necessary. You can see how overgrown and thick it is here, after a pass was made around the perimeter... This was your regular 8-10k sq. ft. lawn, and we took off enough grass to fill half of the 8x12' flatbed w/16" sides on the truck. And, most of the backyard was not even seeded just a few scraggly weeds here and there.... so yes that was a thick overgrown yard!

You can use these pictures but I better not see them used for advertising for your business as you claiming it was one of your accounts. Thanks.

j fisher
02-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Here's the best I've got

moremowing4me
02-03-2005, 09:12 AM
This is all I have

tonygreek
02-03-2005, 09:15 AM
are you looking for one that is website-quality, or for print use?

ProSvcs
02-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Thank you all very much, I am in the process of doing my first round of flyers. I will post it when i get finished later tonight.

Thanks again
Jim

ProSvcs
02-03-2005, 10:27 AM
TonyGreek,

I need them for print.

Thanks
Jim

tonygreek
02-03-2005, 11:14 AM
if you are making flat color flyers (copies - not glossy, photo-like flyers), you'd be best served to use illustations to get a better quality print. i didn't load all the pics in this thread, but a typical photo posted here would not be a high enough resolution to come out with decent print quality.

if you are doing 4-color process (the glossy ones referenced above), if any of the pics posted are of interest, see if they have them in the original, high-res size.
another place to check is istockphoto.com for cheap, good stock photos. just search it for grass, lawn, mow, whatever...

tony

Rick Jones
02-03-2005, 11:16 AM

You can use these pictures but I better not see them used for advertising for your business as you claiming it was one of your accounts. Thanks.

Come on FSM, why else would somebody be asking for photos? Maybe they won't directly claim it is one of their accounts, but the use of it in printed advertisements or on a web site will certainly imply that it is their work.

Cut-Rite2
02-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Come on FSM, why else would somebody be asking for photos? Maybe they won't directly claim it is one of their accounts, but the use of it in printed advertisements or on a web site will certainly imply that it is their work.

There is a vacant lot next to mine which hasn't been cut in about 6 months. The grass is about 6 inches and there are weeds on it about 4 feet tall. The only thing is it is not green here. We get a winter browning of the vegetation. If you want a photo taken with a digital camera at about 1100x800 pixels at 144ppi, I can bump the resolution to 300 ppi, but will have to reduce the image size by about half. The final result will be about 8"x5". If that is suitable, I will take a couple of photo's and email to you...if you're interested. By the way, you don't have to say the property is one of your accounts. You could just ask the question..........Do you want your lawn looking like this?? Hey I might even use that for some of my marketing materials. LOL

ProSvcs
02-03-2005, 12:25 PM

I am not claiming as one of my accounts. I am using as examples of other LCO's work in the area. Ummmmm, Why do you think I requested overgrown photo's. :)

I would go take pictures, but there is 10 inches of snow.

Thanks Again
Jim

FrankenScagMachines
02-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Again Rick, I have no problem him using it for advertisements. Just please do not say "Here is a before picture of one of our properties".... actually I guess I don't care if you do claim it as yours... won't affect me any here I suppose and its not a pic of our finished job...
OK you win! ProSvcs, go ahead and use it however you want. I do have higher resolution versions of those pics, but had to downsize to post them. send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the originals if you want.

ProSvcs
02-03-2005, 02:46 PM
This is still a work in progress, So pleeeeeeze help me out here.

This will be printed on yellow stock

Thanks
Jim

jtkplc
02-03-2005, 02:58 PM
here are a couple of a tall lawn.

Precision
02-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Jim,

I don't see anything.

ProSvcs
02-03-2005, 03:23 PM
If this doesnt work, I have posted the file on my web server @ http://www.prosrv-lc.com/flier/feb15.jpg

Eric 1
02-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Here is one for you.

WildLake
02-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey Jim,
Looking good. Just keep away from my part of town with those flyers! :gunsfirin

KINGjosh
02-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Not to sound rude, but I think that flyer looks like the suday comic section, If i was a customer i would emediatley throw it in the trash before even reading it!