PDA

View Full Version : Govermnet job pricing help

gmk
02-03-2005, 10:20 AM
I need some help on bidding a government job. It has 64,000 sq ft of lawn and 13,000 of bed they want everything done. mowing, edging trimming, weed control, lawn fert. pest control. They have a schedule they expect you to follow. march through november once a week and dec. through feb. every other week. they also tell you what and when to spray. can anyone give me some feed back as to what to charge roughly. They will be reading off the bids and the lowest wins. I do not necessarly want to be the lowest bidder, but I do want to be fair.

Thanks for any help you can give.

mcclureandson
02-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Low bid wins...period? If that's the case there is a small chance you can win this contract AND get enough $$$ to make it worth your while. My advice would be to submit whatever number you feel is worthwhile and see what the award price turns out to be...use that info for next time. I don't see the point in spending alot of time calculating costs if your price is going to end up too high anyway. Price it based on YOUR costs/expected margins and see what happens. Maybe you'll be close and next time you can adjust your numbers down just a little...

gmk
02-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Yes I know low bid wins I was only concerned that my bid would be say 15,000 and the next lowest bid would come in at say 30,000. Which would leave me wondering how I under cut myself so bad. I have not had the experience on bidding this size of a job before. I have commercial accounts but not to this magnitude I was only wondering what some of you might guess at a price. I will give it a shot and see what happens, your right this will be a good learning experience for us.

westwind
02-03-2005, 10:58 AM
i would suggest using a local lawn care contact to help you out. a job that size should be bid in person. team up with another bussines owner in the area w/ experience. this may give you the info. your looking for. good luck.