PDA

View Full Version : Service lifts?

cut-rite
01-31-2001, 12:17 AM
How many of you have a lift for your mowers? I am considering 1 to use on ztrs, wbs and other small equip. What kind do you recomend and what should I look for?
thanks,Brad

TJLC
01-31-2001, 09:37 AM
I just lift up the front of my w/b and set it on a jack stand. This may not be the best way but it works fine for me. I don't know if this would work for a ztr, may be too heavy to lift, I dont know,don't own one.

awm
01-31-2001, 02:28 PM
I USE THE LITTLE ALIGATER SHAPED JACK SOLD AT WALMART.
Its good for deck, mower, trailer or truck tire change.

bob
01-31-2001, 03:31 PM
Brad, A dedicated mower would be great to have. If you have a fleet of mowers that would be the way to go!

Eric ELM
01-31-2001, 03:53 PM
AWM:
Is this Aligator jack what is normally called a FLOOR JACK?

Bob:
HUH, I'm confused on your response, did you post on the wrong thread?

Brad:
Many things are used, car ramps, chain hoists, floor jacks, 5 gallon buckets, trailer tail gates, ect. I just use car ramps and the tail gate. I also have a floor jack, but that is only used to raise up the back for a tire change or bleeding air out of the hydro's when doing a filter change.

lawman
01-31-2001, 03:57 PM
I use a jack stand or a car ramp.

mdb landscaping
01-31-2001, 07:17 PM
i dont currently have a jack, but pro magazine today and toro had an ad for their Z jack stand. it attaches to the mower and swings down when needed. looked like a good setup. maybe an after market company makes one like that, or maybe the toro one would fit other riders.

Ssouth
01-31-2001, 08:00 PM
mbd, I looked at the Toro jack on Mon. looks like a good idea. Don't know if it could be added on. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't lift the mower high enough for my taste.

I pull my ztr's up on the tailgate of the trailor and it works great for me. And the trailor is always close to the mowers so no need to carry around anything extra. I already have to many extras littering my tool box and truck bed.

awm
01-31-2001, 10:38 PM
When as a kid my uncle wanted me to gt the
jack on wheels to take the rear end up or whatever
He would tell me to push the aligator over.
Might have been his pet name as they are shaped
long w a tail or handle.Anyway mine is a mini version of that.

BUSHMASTER
02-01-2001, 07:29 PM
I get by ok with my floor jack , ramps . whats ever but i want one just cause thier cool , look for a used fork lift.
and by the way . you can buy one for a full size truck for a little less money if you have a 12ft celling and buy addaptors for the mower....better reason for the wife to allow you to spend $3500.00 :)

Guido
02-01-2001, 07:41 PM
You can probobly save the money, I'm sure its over priced, right??

- WALKBEHINDS - Pick up the front with my hands and put 1 or 2 jackstands under it to change blades. Use 2 people to pick up the back or a small floor jack, no prob!

- ZTR's - Use the floorjack or if you have a garge or barn or workcenter, etc with a strong beam running accross the center you can mount a chain hoist on there. It will come in handy a lot, i.e. - as a lawnmower jack, loading heavy equipment on and off the truck, motors, whatever, tons of uses.

Hope this helped!

Wayne Offiler
02-01-2001, 11:18 PM
I have a chain suspended from an overhead beam, to which I hang a 1000# come-along. I have installed big eye bolts to the front of my ZTR and WB. I simply crank up the fronts to a convenent height, 3 feet or so. Very easy to work under the decks, or even further back. I do my daily sharpening quickly with a 5" angle grinder (24 grit) without removing the blades from the mowers.

"