PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find a Crew Cab Dump!

Tony Clifton
02-03-2005, 04:20 PM
I am in need of an Isuzu/Chevy/GMC cabover with a dump body on it. I am having trouble finding one as it seems these trucks are harder to get a hold of than I realized. Most of the dealers I have talked to will need to order and it would be April before I get it. I didnt know if any of you had seen any for sale. Thanks,

TurfdudeNCSU
02-03-2005, 06:24 PM
call Carl Black GMC in georgia. Not sure what the number is but...gmccommercialtrucks.com is the website. Talk with Chris Fountain. He is in the process of working with us.

Tony Clifton
02-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Brandon, thanks for the response. I have talked to them, they seem to be helpful but the scary thing is I am not sure how well they know the trucks they sell. From what I have heard (this is coming from an engineer for GMC) you should not put a 14' dump body on the truck I want due to pivot points weight etc. I told the people at the dealership this and they said they sell these trucks everyday. I tell the source of the info this and they said yea, I am sure they do sell these trucks everyday but it does not mean it is ok. So I have been worried about the qualifications of the people at Black ever since then. Let me know if you know otherwise, as I really want/need a 14' body on the truck. I 14' body will hold a lot more plants etc than a 12' (I know it wont hold more weight, but the volum is important)

hosejockey2002
02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
According to Isuzu's web site (www.isuzucv.com) the 150" wb crew cab can take up to a 12' body and the 176' wb model can take up to a 16' body.

Tony Clifton
02-04-2005, 07:48 AM
HoseJockey, that is true, but not a 16' dump body, I was told that it could take a 16' box or 16' landscape body, but only a 12' dump----possibly 13'.