PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a new blower

grass_cuttin_fool
02-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Ok guys here is another thread on blowers. Im looking at a redmax 7001 and a Shindiawa eb630. The shindy is about $20.00 more than the redmax. Does any one know anything bad about either model? Mainly what I have seen is that both are very strong, and the redmax seems to be more popular. Before someone says get an 8000, Im not interested in spending an extra $100.00 for it. Also the echo pb650 is about $75.00 more and im not interested in spending that much more. And lastly the specs that someone posted here on the new stihl are still behind on performance and I wont consider one of theese plus they are not on the market and Im trying to complete equipment purchases before the mowing season starts

Smalltimer1
02-03-2005, 06:48 PM
I talked with a Stihl rep today at the Southern Farm Show, he said that the new 4-mix blowers will be out in late March. Says it will retail for $399.95 and he swore up and down it will blow away a Red Max 8000.

Gautreaux's LNG
02-03-2005, 06:50 PM
I talked with a Stihl rep today at the Southern Farm Show, he said that the new 4-mix blowers will be out in late March. Says it will retail for $399.95 and he swore up and down it will blow away a Red Max 8000.

I'll believe it when I see it!

Smalltimer1
02-03-2005, 06:52 PM
I asked him the same thing, and he said they bought a Red Max 8000 to test against, and he said it surpassed the RM by a few CFM's and MPH's.

the scaper
02-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh boy, Here we go!

ElitePM
02-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Ok guys here is another thread on blowers. Im looking at a redmax 7001 and a Shindiawa eb630. The shindy is about $20.00 more than the redmax. Does any one know anything bad about either model? Mainly what I have seen is that both are very strong, and the redmax seems to be more popular. Before someone says get an 8000, Im not interested in spending an extra $100.00 for it. Also the echo pb650 is about $75.00 more and im not interested in spending that much more. And lastly the specs that someone posted here on the new stihl are still behind on performance and I wont consider one of theese plus they are not on the market and Im trying to complete equipment purchases before the mowing season starts

My Partner and I have recently merged. Prior to that I would sometimes meet up with him if I had an early day or some free time. I have a 7001 and he has a eb630. They are both great in my opinion but it seems like if I am on the wildcat sucking up leaves and he is blowing, he is always using the 7001 :rolleyes:

locutus
02-03-2005, 07:03 PM
I have a 7001. It was the best purchase I made last year. Lots of power, relatively light IMO, Large tank and Aircleaner, comfortable straps, air conditioned backpad.

The only downsides that come to mind are minor. The throttle lock is poorly designed. Lots of them getting broken. I also had some problems after it started with it stammering/sputtering. Turns out that I was not starting it as the owners manual suggests by giving it 1/4 throttle while starting. This simple addition to the starting procedure solved that problem. BTW, even with the throttle lock broken, you can still hold the thottle with one hand and pull start with the other. This is my honest appraisal of this machine.

Rhett
02-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Timer as far as the new Stihl performing up to Redmax or The Shin that is an out right lie. Saw the specs on the new Sthl bowers and they where down right embarrassing. What are they thinking?

grass_cuttin_fool
02-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Thanx guys for the replies, I really like stihl and I own 5 pieces of stihl equipment now. I dont know the post but I wrote down the specs that some one posted on lawnsite a while back. ''stihl br550 530 cfm and 199 mph'' The mph may be in the ball park but the cfm is way down compared to the 7001 and the 630

nitrotim
02-03-2005, 07:27 PM

I picked up my EB630rt yesterday. It has the throttle on the tube and is real comfortable.. I have never used a RM so i can' compare the two. The throttle has a lock on also so can go in cruise control. Also it has a throttle setting on the handle so you limit the throttle cable pull and not be at full rpms if you don't need it. I didn't think it was to heavy but what do I know I'm 6'1" and 235. It also seemed to start real easy cold and hot.

For anybody thats interested I also picked up the shindaiwa speed load head for my trimmer. Man I am gonna love this. about a minute to load the head with about 24 ft of string.

captaingreen
02-03-2005, 07:59 PM
I have alot of Stihl stuff and have been very pleased with it, however this winter I made my first Redmax purchase, the 7001. Man I have been very pleased with this thing so far. I've done 2 BIG cleanups with it and was pleased with the weight, power and ease of use. I bought mine online for like $415. Good luck with your purchase!

BMFD92
02-03-2005, 08:07 PM
upgrading to a 7001 this fall was the best decision I made.