PDA

View Full Version : Free!!!!!

The landscaper
02-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Got your attention didn't it?

Put things like this in your advertising, you will peak peoples interest.

1MajorTom
02-03-2005, 07:42 PM
When I see the word "free", I pass it by because I know there is some catch to it. Nothing is free in life, and when someone offers you something "free", there are hidden costs involved to make up for the "free" item/service.
I do agree though some people are gullible enough to buy into the whole free thing.

Shawns Lawns
02-03-2005, 07:49 PM
When I see the word "free", I pass it by because I know there is some catch to it. Nothing is free in life, and when someone offers your something "free", there are hidden costs involved to make up for the "free" item/service.
I do agree though some people are gullible enough to buy into the whole free thing.

i agree. Free is like having to listen for 2 hours to someone trying to sell you a timeshare just to get tickets to a FREE meal :blob3:

tonygreek
02-03-2005, 07:58 PM
i see disappointment on the horizon when i see it, and the more exclamation points, the more i anticipate a scam.

i'd be interested to see if anyone opened this thread with the anticipation that they wouldn't actually be disappointed?

DLCS
02-03-2005, 08:00 PM
I agree with the above posts. When I see the word free, I think of scam.

MudslinginFX4
02-03-2005, 08:28 PM
There is no such thing as a free lunch. Someone is giving up something.

Eddie B
02-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Radio Shack has free flashlights in October for Halloween, but you have to buy batteries to get the free flashlight. Perfect example.

Tharrell
02-03-2005, 08:38 PM
I agree with the response to the word "free". Instead, try a large percentage off some service. Everyone wants to save money but most people know there's no free lunch.

proenterprises
02-03-2005, 08:44 PM
yes, free usually enters most peoples minds as a "too good to be true" tactic. discounts are usually more sucessful.

Lawnworks
02-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I sure as hell don't want to give away anything for free. IMO an ideal customer is not one that will sign up because something is free.

lawnman_scott
02-03-2005, 10:29 PM
I sure as hell don't want to give away anything for free. IMO an ideal customer is not one that will sign up because something is free.
thats true. You will get the attention of someone looking for a scam, or someone wanting something for free. I dont know which is better.