02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi. Anybody know of any wholesale mulch suppliers in Illinois? Thanks

packmate81
02-06-2005, 10:30 AM
no sorry, but i would install it for you if you are interested

Erik

lewdo
02-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Not sure what your offering???? But what I'm looking for is a place to purchase mulch in bulk in central Illinois.

packmate81
02-06-2005, 02:17 PM
i have a blower truck, and ill be down in ill. already this year doing schools, im offering to do the install for you if youd like...then you dont have to track mulch down....

lewdo
02-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Oh I see. Sorry. I'm not looking for a specific job. I'm looking to buy semi loads to store here for when I'm doing landscape jobs.

The local nursery's around here really stick it to us for mulch. We pay $37/yard. None of them gives any contractor discounts. Not sure why. I guess it's just simply supply and demand. We get fairly good discounts on plant material, but nothing on mulch.

BriansLawnService
03-27-2005, 12:02 PM
If you do find a place in Central Illinois I would be interested in knowing what you found. I am in Bloomington.

Thanks

basswood
05-17-2006, 08:48 PM
I am also looking for wholesale mulch in Central Illinois. Would love to know if you find any.

rick2752
05-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Dont know where you are at, or what their price is in Illinois but they may be worth a try. Here is a link. You have to be a legit landscape business to purchase there. The name is Shemin

http://www.shemin.net/prodwebsite/aboutus.nsf?OpenDatabase&CatID=200

Birdhunter1
05-19-2006, 03:59 PM
There is a place in Southern Illinois called Alstat Wood Products that may be what you are looking for, if you can haul it. It is about 6 miles north of Murphysboro, IL and there phone number is (618)-684-5167.

I belive if you can haul it they'll load as much as you want for very cheap, but I am not for certain what the consistency of their product is as I have never used it myself. I may start using it next year, i didn't find out about it till after I was done mulching this year.

It'd be about a 4 hour drive for you from Decatur but I guess it woudlnt hurt to call.

probe1957
05-19-2006, 04:21 PM
I saw an ad in the Springfield paper the other day where the city is offering free mulch. All you want. They will load.

I doubt it is very decorative tho as the ad said it is from grinding up trees in the city. Probably after the tornado.

Let me know if you are interested and I will try to get the info.

scatuli
05-19-2006, 06:37 PM
There is a place called quint city stone in davenport, Iowa which is on the north tip of IL, they sell dark hardwood, cedar, and I think one other the hardwood is $26/ yard and if you have a tax id it is 10% off but I think it might be as cheap as $16.

chevytrucks84
05-19-2006, 08:41 PM
I am from around Champaign, i get mine from Country Arbors Nursery in Urbana they sell it wholesale for 26.00 a yard and i want to say they get it by the semi from somewhere around danville that manufactures it. Not sure though. hope this helps. I just get my trailer loaded as i need it from here (not a semi load) You should be able to call where you get your mulch from now and ask where they get their semi's from. Hope this helps

Tim C.
05-19-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm in Pontiac, IL I get my mulch from White Premium Organics out of Ottawa, Il. There is also a company in Cordova Il Called Xylem.